To the Chief Musician. “A Testimony Concerning the Lilies.” A Psalm of Asaph.
1. Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel; You Who lead Joseph like a flock; You Who dwell between the cherubim, shine forth.
2. Stir up Your strength before Ephraim and Benjamin and Manasseh, and come, save us.
3. Restore us O God, and cause Your face to shine, and we shall be saved!
4. O LORD God of hosts, how long will You be angry against the prayer of Your people?
5. You feed them with the bread of tears, and give them tears to drink in great measure.
6. You make us a source of strife to our neighbors; and our enemies laugh among themselves.
7. Restore us O God of hosts, and cause Your face to shine; and we shall be saved.
8. You have brought a vine out of Egypt; You have cast out the nations and planted it.
9. You cleared a place before it, and caused it to take deep root; and it filled the land.
10. The mountains were covered with its shadow, and the mighty cedars with its boughs.
11. It sent out its branches to the sea, and its shoots to the river.
12. Why have You broken down its hedges, so that all those who pass by the way pluck her?
13. The boar out of the wood ravages it, and the wild beast of the field feeds on it.
14. Return, we beseech You, O God of hosts; look down from heaven, and behold, and visit this vine,
15. And the vineyard which Your right hand has planted, and the branch that You make strong for Yourself.
16. It is burned with fire and cut down; they perish at the rebuke of Your countenance.
17. Let Your hand be upon the man of Your right hand, upon the Son of man Whom You have made strong for Yourself.
18. So we will not turn back from You; make us live, and we will call upon Your name.
19. Restore us, O LORD God of Hosts; cause Your face to shine, and we shall be saved.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved