A Psalm of Asaph.
1. O God, the heathen have come into Your inheritance; they have defiled Your holy temple; they have laid Jerusalem in heaps.
2. They have given the dead bodies of Your servants as food for the birds of heaven, the flesh of Your saints to the beasts of the earth.
3. They have shed their blood like water round about Jerusalem, and there was none to bury them.
4. We have become a reproach to our neighbors, a scorn and mockery to those who are around us.
5. How long, O LORD? Will You be angry forever? Shall Your jealousy burn like fire?
6. Pour out Your wrath upon the heathen who have not known You, and upon the kingdoms who have not called upon Your name,
7. For they have devoured Jacob, and laid waste his dwelling place.
8. O do not remember against us our forefathers’ iniquities; let Your tender mercies meet us quickly; for we are brought very low.
9. Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of Your name; and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for Your name’s sake.
10. Why should the nations say, “Where is their God?” Let Him be known among the nations before our eyes by avenging the blood of Your servants which is shed.
11. Let the groaning of the prisoner come before You; according to the greatness of Your power, preserve a remnant of those who are appointed to die,
12. And give to our neighbors their curse sevenfold into their bosom, the curse with which they have cursed You, O LORD.
13. So that we, Your people and sheep of Your pasture, will give You thanks forever; we will tell of Your praise to all generations.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved