To the Chief Musician. On Gittith. A Psalm of Asaph.
1. Sing aloud unto God our strength; shout for joy to the God of Jacob.
2. Take up a melody, and strike the drum, the pleasant lyre with the harp.
3. Blow the trumpet at the new moon, also at the full moon, on our solemn feast day,
4. For this was a statute for Israel, a law of the God of Jacob.
5. This He ordained in Joseph for a testimony when He went forth against the land of Egypt; I heard a language that I understood not:
6. “I removed his shoulder from the burden; his hands were delivered from the pots.
7. You called in trouble, and I delivered you; I answered you in the secret place of thunder; I tested you at the waters of Meribah. Selah.
8. Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you; O Israel, if you will hearken to Me,
9. There shall be no strange god among you; nor shall you worship any strange god.
10. I am the LORD your God Who brought you out of the land of Egypt; open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.
11. But My people would not hearken to My voice, and Israel would have none of Me.
12. So I gave them up to the stubbornness of their own hearts; and they walked in their own conceits.
13. Oh, that My people had hearkened unto Me, and Israel had walked in My ways!
14. I would soon have subdued their enemies, and would have turned My hand against their adversaries.
15. The haters of the LORD should dwindle away before Him, and their punishment should endure forever.
16. And they also would have been fed with the finest of wheat; and with honey out of the rock I would have satisfied them.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved