1. Bless the LORD, O my soul! O LORD my God, You are very great; You are clothed with honor and majesty,
2. Covering Yourself with light as with a garment, and stretching out the heavens like a curtain,
3. Who lays the beams of His upper chambers in the waters. He makes the clouds His chariot; He walks upon the wings of the wind;
4. He makes His angels spirits, His ministers a flaming fire.
5. He established the earth on its foundations; so that it should not be removed forever.
6. You covered it with the deep as with a garment; the waters stood above the mountains.
7. At Your rebuke they fled; at the voice of Your thunder they hastened away.
8. The mountains rose; the valleys sank down to the place that You had founded for them.
9. You have set a bound that they may not pass over, so that they might not return again to cover the earth.
10. He sends forth the springs into the valleys; they flow between the mountains.
11. They give drink to every beast of the field; the wild donkeys quench their thirst.
12. Beside them the birds of heaven will have their place of rest; they sing among the branches.
13. He waters the mountains from His upper chambers; the earth is full of the fruit of Your works.
14. He causes the grass to grow for the livestock, and herbs for the service of man, to bring forth food from the earth,
15. And wine that makes glad the heart of man, and oil that makes his face shine, and bread to strengthen the heart of man.
16. The trees of the LORD are full of sap, the cedars of Lebanon which He has planted,
17. Where the birds make their nests; as for the stork, the fir trees are her home.
18. The high mountains are for the wild goats, and the rocks are a refuge for the badgers,
19. Who made the moon for the appointed times; the sun knows its going down.
20. You make darkness, and it is night in which all the beasts of the forest creep forth.
21. The young lions roar after their prey and seek their food from God.
22. The sun rises; they slink away and go to their dens to lie down.
23. Man goes out to his work and to his labor until the evening.
24. O LORD, how many are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all; the earth is full of Your creatures.
25. There is the great and wide sea in which are creatures without number, both small and great living things.
26. There the ships go and the leviathan, which You have made to play in it.
27. All of them wait upon You, that You may give them their food in due season.
28. You give it unto them, they gather it; You open Your hand; they are satisfied with good.
29. You hide Your face, they are troubled; You take away their breath, they die and return to dust.
30. You send forth Your Spirit, they are created; and You renew the face of the earth.
31. May the glory of the LORD endure forever; the LORD shall rejoice in His works.
32. He looks upon the earth, and it trembles; He touches the hills, and they smoke.
33. I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
34. May my meditation to Him be pleasing; as for me I will rejoice in the LORD.
35. Let sinners cease from the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless the LORD, O my soul. Praise the LORD!
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved