1. Praise the LORD! O give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, for His mercy endures forever.
2. Who can express the mighty acts of the LORD, or cause all His praise to be heard?
3. Blessed are those who keep judgment, and he who does righteousness at all times.
4. Remember me, O LORD, when You favor Your people; O visit me with Your salvation
5. That I may see the prosperity of Your chosen ones, that I may rejoice in the gladness of Your nation, that I may glory with Your inheritance.
6. We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedly.
7. Our fathers gave no thought to Your wonders in Egypt; they did not remember the multitude of Your mercies, but rebelled at the sea, even at the Red Sea.
8. Nevertheless He saved them for His name’s sake, to make His mighty power known.
9. And He rebuked the Red Sea, and it was dried up; so He led them through the depths, as through the wilderness.
10. And He saved them from the hand of those who hated them, and redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.
11. And the waters covered their enemies; there was not one of them left.
12. Then they believed His words; they sang His praise.
13. They soon forgot His works; they did not wait for His counsel;
14. But they lusted exceedingly in the wilderness and tempted God in the desert.
15. And He gave them what they asked, but sent a wasting disease among them.
16. And they were jealous of Moses in the camp and Aaron the holy priest of the LORD.
17. The earth opened and swallowed up Dathan, and covered the company of Abiram.
18. And a fire was kindled in their company; the flame burned up the wicked.
19. They made a calf in Horeb and worshiped the molten image.
20. Thus they exchanged their glory into the likeness of an ox that eats grass.
21. They forgot God their Savior, Who had done great things in Egypt,
22. Wondrous works in the land of Ham, and awesome things by the Red Sea.
23. And He said that He would destroy them, if Moses His chosen one had not stood before Him in the breach, to turn away His wrath, so that He should not destroy them.
24. And they despised the pleasant land; they did not believe His word,
25. But murmured in their tents, and did not hearken to the voice of the LORD.
26. Therefore He lifted up His hand against them to overthrow them in the wilderness,
27. To overthrow their seed also among the nations, and to scatter them in the lands.
28. And they joined themselves to Baal of Peor, and ate the sacrifices of the dead,
29. And provoked Him to anger with their doings; and the plague broke out upon them.
30. Then Phinehas stood and executed judgment, and so the plague was stayed.
31. And it was counted to him for righteousness unto all generations forevermore.
32. And they provoked Him at the waters of strife so that it went ill with Moses on their account,
33. Because they provoked his spirit so that he spoke rashly with his lips.
34. They did not destroy the peoples as the LORD had commanded them,
35. But mingled themselves among the nations and learned their works.
36. And they served their idols, which were a snare to them.
37. Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters to demons,
38. And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan; and the land was polluted with blood.
39. And they were defiled with their works, and went awhoring after their own inventions.
40. Therefore the wrath of the LORD was kindled against His people, and He abhorred His own inheritance.
41. And He gave them into the hand of the nations; and those who hated them ruled over them.
42. And their enemies oppressed them, and they were brought into subjection under their hand.
43. Many times He delivered them, but they were rebellious in their counsel and sank low through their iniquities.
44. Nevertheless, He looked upon their affliction when He heard their cry;
45. And He remembered His covenant for them and repented, according to the multitude of His mercies.
46. He made them also to be pitied by all those who carried them captives.
47. Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the nations, to give thanks to Your holy name and to triumph in Your praise.
48. Blessed is the LORD God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting; and let all the people say, “Amen.” Praise the LORD!
That I may seeH7200
HRHAafscof Your chosen ones,H972
HAampcHSp2msthat I may rejoiceH8055
HRHVqcin the gladnessH8057
HRHNcfscof Your nation,H1471
HNcmscHSp2msthat I may gloryH1984
HVhp3cpto Your wondersH6381
HRHNpthey did notH3808
HNcbscof Your mercies,H2617
HNcmsaeven at the RedH5488
And He rebukedH1605
HRHNcmscand it was dried up;H2717
HCHVqw3msso He led themH3212
HCHVhw3msHSp3mpthrough the depths,H8415
HRdHNcbpaas through the wilderness.H4057
And He saidH559
HCHVqw3msthat He would destroy them,H8045
HNpHis chosen oneH972
HRHNcbpcHSp3msin the breach,H6556
HRdHNcmsato turn awayH7725
HNcfscHSp3msso that He should not destroyH7843
HNcmsaeven the bloodH1818
HNcmscof their sonsH1121
HNcmpcHSp3mpand of their daughters,H1323
HVpp3cpto the idolsH6091
HNpand the landH776
HNcfpaHe delivered them,H5337
HVhi3mpin their counselH6098
HRHNcfscHSp3mpand sank lowH4355
HCHVqw3mpthrough their iniquities.H5771
HNcmpcHSp1cpand gather usH6908
HRamong the nations,H1471
HTdHNcmpato give thanksH3034
HRHVhcto Your holyH6944
HRHNcmscand to triumphH7623
HRHVtcin Your praise.H8416
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved