BOOK FIVE (PSALMS 107-150) (see Appendix B)
1. O give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever.
2. So let the redeemed of the LORD say, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy,
3. And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south.
4. They wandered in the wilderness, in a desert by the way; they found no city to dwell in.
5. Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them.
6. Then they cried to the LORD in their distress, and He delivered them out of their troubles.
7. And He led them by a straight way, so that they might go to a city to dwell.
8. Let them praise the LORD for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of man,
9. For He satisfies the thirsty soul and fills the hungry soul with good things.
10. Some sat in the darkness and in the shadow of death, being chained in affliction and iron
11. Because they rebelled against the words of God and despised the counsel of the Most High.
12. Therefore He humbled their heart with labor; they stumbled, and there was none to help.
13. Then they cried to the LORD in their distress, and He saved them out of their troubles.
14. He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and broke their bands asunder.
15. Let them praise the LORD for His goodness and for His wonderful works to the children of men!
16. For He has broken the gates of bronze and cut through the bars of iron.
17. Fools are afflicted because of their rebellion and because of their iniquities.
18. They themselves loathed all kinds of food, and they drew near the gates of death.
19. Then they cried unto the LORD in their distress, and He delivered them out of their troubles.
20. He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
21. Let them praise the LORD for His goodness and for His wonderful works to the children of men!
22. And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare His works with rejoicing!
23. Those who go down to the sea in ships, who do business in great waters,
24. These see the works of the LORD and His wonders in the deep,
25. For He commanded and raised the stormy wind which lifted up the waves of the sea.
26. They mounted up to heaven, they went down again to the depths; their courage melted away because of the peril.
27. They reeled to and fro, and staggered like a drunken man, and were at their wits’ end.
28. And they cried to the LORD in their distress, and He delivered them out of their troubles.
29. He made the storm calm, so that its waves were still.
30. Then they were glad because they were quiet, and He led them to their desired haven.
31. Let them praise the LORD for His goodness and for His wonderful works to the children of men!
32. And let them exalt Him in the congregation of the people and praise Him in the assembly of the elders.
33. He turns rivers into a wilderness and watersprings into thirsty ground;
34. A fruitful land is changed into a salty desert because of the wickedness of those who dwell in it.
35. He turns the wilderness into pools of water and dry ground into watersprings.
36. And He makes the hungry dwell there, so that they may prepare a city of habitation,
37. And sow the fields, and plant vineyards, which may yield fruits of increase.
38. He also blesses them, so that they are multiplied greatly, and does not allow their livestock to decrease.
39. Again, they have become few and brought low through oppression, affliction, and sorrow.
40. He pours contempt upon nobles and causes them to wander in the wilderness, where there is no path.
41. But He raises up the poor from affliction and sets their families like a flock.
42. The righteous shall see it and rejoice; and all iniquity shall stop its mouth.
43. Whoever is wise, let him give heed to these things, and let them consider the mercies of the LORD.
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved