A Song of degrees.
1. “Many times they have afflicted me from my youth,” Israel may now say;
2. “Many times they have afflicted me from my youth; yet they have not prevailed over me.
3. The plowers plowed upon my back; they made their furrows long.”
4. The LORD is righteous; He cuts off the cords of the wicked.
5. Let them all be ashamed and turned backward, all those who hate Zion.
6. Let them be like the grass upon the housetops which withers away before it grows up,
7. With which the reaper does not fill his hand, nor the binder of sheaves his bosom.
8. Neither let those who pass by them say, “The blessing of the LORD be upon you; we bless you in the name of the LORD.”
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved