To the Chief Musician.
A Psalm of David.
1. O LORD, You have searched me and have known me.
2. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thoughts afar off.
3. You measure my going about and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways,
4. For there is not a word on my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, You know it altogether.
5. You have enclosed me behind and in front, and laid Your hand upon me.
6. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7. Where shall I go from Your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from Your presence?
8. If I go up into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in the grave, behold, You are there.
9. If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the farthest parts of the sea,
10. Even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.
11. If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light around me shall be night;”
12. Even the darkness does not hide from You, but the night shines as the day; as is the darkness, so is the light to You,
13. For You have possessed my reins; You have knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14. I will praise You, for I am awesomely and wonderfully made; Your works are marvelous and my soul knows it very well.
15. My substance was not hidden from You when I was made in secret and intricately formed in the lowest parts of the earth.
16. Your eyes did see my substance, yet being unformed; and in Your book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there were none of them.
17. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!
18. If I should count them, they are more than the sand; when I awake, I am still with You.
19. Surely You will slay the wicked, O God; therefore you bloody men, depart from me,
20. For they speak against You wickedly and Your enemies take Your name in vain.
21. O LORD, do I not hate those who hate You? And am I not grieved with those who rise up against You?
22. I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them my enemies.
23. Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts,
24. And see if any wicked way is in me; and lead me in the way everlasting.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved