To the Chief Musician.
A Psalm of David.
1. Deliver me, O LORD, from the evil man; keep me from the violent man,
2. Those who devise evil things in their hearts; together they always stir up wars.
3. They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; the poison of a viper is under their lips. Selah.
4. O LORD, keep me from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from the violent man who purposed to overthrow my steps.
5. The proud have hidden a snare and a trap for me; they have spread a net by the wayside; they have set traps for me. Selah.
6. I said to the LORD, “You are my God; O LORD, hear the voice of my supplications.
7. O Lord GOD, the strength of my salvation, You have covered my head in the day of battle.
8. O LORD, do not grant the desires of the wicked; do not further their wicked plots, lest they exalt themselves. Selah.
9. “As for the head of those who surround me, let the evil of their own lips cover them.
10. Let burning coals fall upon them; let them be cast into the fire, into deep pits, so that they do not rise up again.
11. Let not a slanderer be established in the earth; let calamity hunt down the violent man with thrust upon thrust.”
12. I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted and the right of the poor.
13. Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto Your name; the upright shall dwell in Your presence.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved