BOOK TWO (PSALMS 42-72) (see Appendix B)
To the Chief Musician. A contemplation for the sons of Korah.
1. As the hart pants after the water brooks, so my soul pants after You, O God.
2. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; when shall I come and appear before God?
3. My tears have been my food day and night, while they say to me all the day, “Where is your God?”
4. I remember these things, I pour out my soul within me; for I used to go along with the multitude; I led them to the house of God with the voice of joy and praise, a multitude keeping the feast.
5. Why are you cast down, O my soul, and moan within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him for the salvation of His countenance.
6. O my God, my soul is cast down within me; therefore I will remember You from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermons from Mount Mizar.
7. Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls; all Your waves and Your billows have gone over me.
8. The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night His song shall be with me, even a prayer to the God of my life.
9. I will say to God my Rock, “Why have You forgotten me? Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?”
10. As with a crushing in my bones, my enemies taunt me while they say to me all day long, “Where is your God?”
11. Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why do you moan within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, the salvation of my countenance, and my God.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved