To the Chief Musician. A contemplation. A Psalm of David, when Doeg the Edomite came and told Saul, and said to him, “David has come to the house of Ahimelech.”
1. Why do you boast yourself in evil, O mighty man? The mercy of God endures forever.
2. Your tongue devises destruction, like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.
3. You love evil more than good, and lying more than to speak righteousness. Selah.
4. You love all devouring words, O deceitful tongue.
5. God will likewise destroy you forever; He shall take you away, and pluck you out of your tent, and root you out of the land of the living. Selah.
6. And the righteous shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him, saying,
7. “Behold, the man who did not make God his stronghold, but trusted in the abundance of his riches. He strengthened himself in his wickedness.”
8. But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever.
9. I will praise You forever because You have done it; and I will wait on Your name, for it is good in the presence of Your saints.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved