To the Chief Musician. For stringed instruments. A contemplation. A Psalm of David.
1. Give ear to my prayer, O God, and hide not Yourself from my supplication.
2. Attend to me, and answer me; I am distraught in my trouble and moan in my complaint
3. Because of the voice of the enemy; because of the oppression of the wicked—for they cast mischief upon me, and in anger they hate me.
4. My heart is pained within me; and the terrors of death have fallen upon me.
5. Fear and trembling have come upon me, and horror has overwhelmed me.
6. And I said, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.
7. Lo, then I would wander far off; I would lodge in the wilderness. Selah.
8. I would hasten to a place of shelter from the windy storm and tempest.”
9. Destroy, O LORD, and divide their tongues; for I have seen violence and strife in the city.
10. They go around her upon her walls by day and night; and iniquity and mischief are in her midst.
11. Wickedness is in her midst; oppression and guile will not depart from her streets,
12. For it is not an enemy who reviled me—then I could have borne it. It is not one who hates me who magnified himself against me—or I would hide myself from him.
13. But it is you, a man my equal, my companion and my familiar friend.
14. We took sweet counsel together and walked into the house of God with the throng.
15. Let death take hold upon them, and let them go down alive into the grave; for evil is among them and in their dwellings.
16. As for me, I will call upon God, and the LORD will save me.
17. Evening and morning, and at noon, I will cry aloud in my distress; and He shall hear my voice.
18. He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me, for there were many against me.
19. God shall hear and afflict them, even He who is enthroned of old. Selah. Those who never change their ways and have no fear of God.
20. He has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him; he has broken his covenant.
21. The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart; his words were softer than oil, yet they were drawn swords.
22. Cast your burden upon the LORD, and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be moved.
23. But You, O God, will bring them down into the pit of destruction; bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days but I will trust in You.
To the Chief Musician.H5329
HRdHVprmsaFor stringed instruments.H5058
HNcmsaA Psalm of David.H1732
HVhv2msHShto my prayer,H8605
HCHTnYourself from my supplication.H8467
Because of the voiceH6963
HRHNcmscof the enemy;H341
HNcfscof the wicked—H7563
HRHSp1csand in angerH639
HCHRHNcmsathey hate me.H7852
HCit is notH3808
HVqrmsawho reviled me—H2778
HVpi3msHSp1csthen I could have borneH5375
HCHVqi1csit. It is notH3808
HTnone who hates meH8130
HVprmscHSp1cswho magnified himselfH1431
HRHSp1csor I would hideH5641
HCHVNi1csmyself from him.H4480
HRHSp3mpand let them go downH3381
HAampainto the grave;H7585
HNcfpais among themH7130
HRHNcmscHSp3mpand in their dwellings.H4033
He has redeemedH6299
HRHNcmsafrom the battleH7128
HCwas against me,Hl
HRHSp1csfor there wereH1961
HVqi3msand afflict them,H6031
HCHVqi3msHSp3mpeven He who is enthronedH3427
HRHSp3mpways and have noH3808
The words of his mouthH6310
HCHNcmsawas in his heart;H3820
HCHPp3mpwere drawn swords.H6609
HCHPp3mswill sustain you;H3557
HVli3msHSp2msHe will neverH3808
HRdHAamsato be moved.H4131
HNcmpawill bring them downH3381
HVhi2msHSp3mpinto the pitH875
HTnlive out halfH2673
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved