To the Chief Musician. For stringed instruments. A contemplation. A Psalm of David.
1. Give ear to my prayer, O God, and hide not Yourself from my supplication.
2. Attend to me, and answer me; I am distraught in my trouble and moan in my complaint
3. Because of the voice of the enemy; because of the oppression of the wicked—for they cast mischief upon me, and in anger they hate me.
4. My heart is pained within me; and the terrors of death have fallen upon me.
5. Fear and trembling have come upon me, and horror has overwhelmed me.
6. And I said, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.
7. Lo, then I would wander far off; I would lodge in the wilderness. Selah.
8. I would hasten to a place of shelter from the windy storm and tempest.”
9. Destroy, O LORD, and divide their tongues; for I have seen violence and strife in the city.
10. They go around her upon her walls by day and night; and iniquity and mischief are in her midst.
11. Wickedness is in her midst; oppression and guile will not depart from her streets,
12. For it is not an enemy who reviled me—then I could have borne it. It is not one who hates me who magnified himself against me—or I would hide myself from him.
13. But it is you, a man my equal, my companion and my familiar friend.
14. We took sweet counsel together and walked into the house of God with the throng.
15. Let death take hold upon them, and let them go down alive into the grave; for evil is among them and in their dwellings.
16. As for me, I will call upon God, and the LORD will save me.
17. Evening and morning, and at noon, I will cry aloud in my distress; and He shall hear my voice.
18. He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me, for there were many against me.
19. God shall hear and afflict them, even He who is enthroned of old. Selah. Those who never change their ways and have no fear of God.
20. He has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him; he has broken his covenant.
21. The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart; his words were softer than oil, yet they were drawn swords.
22. Cast your burden upon the LORD, and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be moved.
23. But You, O God, will bring them down into the pit of destruction; bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days but I will trust in You.
To the Chief Musician.H5329
HRdHVprmsaFor stringed instruments.H5058
HNcmsaA Psalm of David.H1732
HVhv2msHShto my prayer,H8605
HCHTnYourself from my supplication.H8467
HRHSp1csand answer me;H6030
HCHVqv2msHSp1csI am distraughtH1949
HCHVhh1csin my trouble and moanH7300
HVhi1csin my complaintH7879
Because of the voiceH6963
HRHNcmscof the enemy;H341
HNcfscof the wicked—H7563
HRHSp1csand in angerH639
HCHRHNcmsathey hate me.H7852
HRHNcmscHSp1csand the terrorsH367
HNcfsahas overwhelmed me.H3680
And I said,H559
HNcmsalike a dove!H3123
HRdHNcfsaI would fly awayH5774
HVqh1csand be at rest.H7931
HTmthen I would wanderH5074
HVhi1csI would lodgeH3885
HVqi1csin the wilderness.H4057
I would hastenH2363
HVhh1csto a place of shelterH4655
HRHSp1csfrom the windyH7307
HCI have seenH7200
HCHNcbsain the city.H5892
They go around herH5437
HCHNcbsaare in her midst.H7130
HNcfpais in her midst;H7130
HVqi3msfrom her streets,H7339
HCit is notH3808
HVqrmsawho reviled me—H2778
HVpi3msHSp1csthen I could have borneH5375
HCHVqi1csit. It is notH3808
HTnone who hates meH8130
HVprmscHSp1cswho magnified himselfH1431
HRHSp1csor I would hideH5641
HCHVNi1csmyself from him.H4480
But it is you,H859
HNcmscHSp1csand my familiar friend.H3045
HVpi1cpinto the houseH1004
HNcmpawith the throng.H7285
HRHSp3mpand let them go downH3381
HAampainto the grave;H7585
HNcfpais among themH7130
HRHNcmscHSp3mpand in their dwellings.H4033
As for me,H589
HPp1csI will callH7121
HNcmpaand the LORDH3068
HCHNpwill save me.H3467
HCHNcmsaand at noon,H6672
HCHNcmpaI will cry aloudH1993
HCHVqh1csin my distress;H7878
HVqh1csand He shall hearH8085
He has redeemedH6299
HRHNcmsafrom the battleH7128
HCwas against me,Hl
HRHSp1csfor there wereH1961
HVqi3msand afflict them,H6031
HCHVqi3msHSp3mpeven He who is enthronedH3427
HRHSp3mpways and have noH3808
He has put forthH7971
HNcbdcHSp3msagainst those who were at peace with him;H7965
HRHNcmpcHSp3mshe has brokenH2490
The words of his mouthH6310
HCHNcmsawas in his heart;H3820
HCHPp3mpwere drawn swords.H6609
HCHPp3mswill sustain you;H3557
HVli3msHSp2msHe will neverH3808
HRdHAamsato be moved.H4131
HNcmpawill bring them downH3381
HVhi2msHSp3mpinto the pitH875
HTnlive out halfH2673
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved