To the Chief Musician. To Jeduthun. A Psalm of David.
1. Only for God does my soul wait in silence; from Him comes my salvation.
2. He only is my Rock and my salvation; He is my fortress; I shall not be greatly moved.
3. How long will you imagine mischief against a man? You shall be slain, all of you; you shall be like a bowing wall and as a tottering fence.
4. They only consult to cast him down from his great height; they delight in lies; they bless with their mouth, but inwardly they curse. Selah.
5. My soul, wait in silence for God alone; for from Him comes my hope.
6. He only is my Rock and my salvation; He is my strong tower; I shall not be moved.
7. In God is my salvation and my glory, the Rock of my strength; my refuge is in God.
8. Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah.
9. Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie; when weighed in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity.
10. Trust not in oppression, and do not take pride in stolen goods; if riches increase, do not set your heart upon them.
11. God has spoken once; twice I have heard this: that power belongs to God.
12. Also to You, O LORD, belongs mercy; for You give to every man according to his work.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved