To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. A Song.
1. Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered; also let those who hate Him flee before Him.
2. As smoke is driven away, so drive them away; as wax melts before the fire, so let the wicked perish in the presence of God.
3. But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God. Yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.
4. Sing to God, sing praises to His name; extol Him who rides upon the clouds Whose name is the LORD, Whose name is JAHand rejoice before Him.
5. In His holy habitation God is the father of the fatherless and the judge of the widows.
6. God gives the lonely a home to dwell in; He brings out those who are bound with chains, but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.
7. O God, when You marched before Your people, You marched through the wilderness. Selah,
8. The earth shook, indeed the heavens also dropped rain at the presence of God; Sinai itself was moved at the presence of God, the God of Israel.
9. You, O God, sent a plentiful rain by which You confirmed Your inheritance when it was weary.
10. Your congregation has dwelt in it; You, O God, in Your goodness have provided for the poor.
11. The LORD gave the word; great was the company of those that proclaimed it:
12. “Kings of armies fled away; and she who remained at home divided the plunder.
13. When you lie among the sheepfolds, the wings of a dove are covered with silver, and its pinions with the shimmer of gold.”
14. When the Almighty scattered kings in it, You caused snow to fall in Zalmon.
15. The mountain of Bashan is God’s mountain; a mountain of peaks is the mountain of Bashan.
16. Why do you gaze in envy, O mountain range, at the mountain God has chosen for His resting place? Yea, the LORD will dwell in it forever.
17. The chariots of God are myriads, thousands upon thousands; the LORD is among them, in Sinai, in the holy place.
18. You have ascended on high; You have led captivity captive; You have received gifts among men, yea, among the rebellious also, that You might dwell among them, O LORD God.
19. Blessed is the LORD; He daily bears our burdens, the God of our salvation. Selah.
20. Our God is the God of salvation; for unto the sovereign Lord belong the issues of death.
21. Yea, God shall crush the head of His enemies, and the hairy crown of him who walks on still in his trespasses.
22. The LORD said, “I will bring again from Bashan; I will bring back My people from the depths of the sea;
23. So that your foot may wade through the blood, and the tongues of your dogs share in it from your enemies.”
24. They have seen Your goings, O God, the goings of my God, my King, into the sanctuary.
25. The singers went in front; then the musicians came last; in between them were the maidens playing the timbrels.
26. O bless God in the congregations, even the Lord, You Who are from the fountain of Israel.
27. There is little Benjamin with their ruler, the leaders of Judah and their multitude, the leaders of Zebulun, and the leaders of Naphtali.
28. Your God has commanded your strength; O God, be strong in that which You have worked out for us,
29. Out of Your temple in Jerusalem, where kings shall bring presents to You.
30. Rebuke the wild beasts of the reeds, the multitude of bulls, the calves of the people, trampling underfoot the pieces of silver. He scatters the people who delight in war.
31. Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall stretch out her hands unto God.
32. Sing unto God, you kingdoms of the earth; O sing praises unto the LORD. Selah.
33. To Him Who rides upon the heaven of heavens which are of old; lo, He sends out His voice, a mighty voice.
34 Ascribe power to God: His majesty is over Israel, and His strength is in the clouds.
35. O God, You are awesome from Your holy sanctuary; the God of Israel is He who gives strength and power to the people. Blessed be God.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved