To the Chief Musician. “Concerning the Lilies.” A Psalm of David.
1. Save me, O God, for the waters have come in upon my soul!
2. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing; I have come into deep waters, where the floods overwhelm me.
3. I am weary with my crying; my throat is parched; my eyes fail while I wait for my God.
4. Those who hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of my head; those who would cut me off are mighty being wrongfully my enemies. Should I restore what I did not take away?
5. O God, You know my foolishness, and my sins are not hidden from You.
6. Do not let those who wait on You, O Lord God of hosts, be ashamed because of me; let not the ones who seek You be ashamed because of me, O God of Israel
7. Because for Your sake I have borne reproach, shame has covered my face.
8. I have become a stranger to My brothers and an alien to My mother’s children,
9. For the zeal of Your house has eaten Me up, and the reproaches of those who reproached You have fallen upon Me.
10. When I wept in my soul with fasting, it became my reproach.
11. I also made sackcloth my clothing, and I became a proverb to them.
12. Those who sit in the gate speak about me; and I was the song of the drunkards.
13. But as for me, my prayer is to You, O LORD, in an acceptable time; O God, in the abundance of Your mercy answer me, in the truth of Your salvation.
14. Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink; let me be delivered from those who hate me and out of the deep waters.
15. Do not let the flood of waters overflow me, nor let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut its mouth upon me.
16. Answer me, O LORD, for Your steadfast love is good; turn unto me according to the multitude of Your tender mercies.
17. And hide not Your face from Your servant, for I am in trouble; answer me speedily.
18. Draw near unto my soul and redeem it; deliver me because of my enemies.
19. You have known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonor; my enemies are all before You.
20. Reproach has broken my heart, and I am full of heaviness; and I looked for sympathy, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none.
21. They also gave Me gall for My food; and in My thirst they gave Me vinegar to drink.
22. Let their table become a snare before them; and when they are at peace, let it become a trap.
23. Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see; and make their loins shake without ceasing.
24. Pour out Your indignation upon them, and let the fierceness of anger take hold of them.
25. Let their encampment be desolate; let none dwell in their tents,
26. For they persecute him whom You have stricken, and they recount the grief of those You have wounded.
27. Add iniquity unto their iniquity, and let them not come into Your righteousness.
28. Let them be blotted out of the Book of Life and not be written with the righteous.
29. But I am poor and sorrowful; let Your salvation, O God, set me up on high.
30. I will praise the name of God with a song and will magnify Him with thanksgiving.
31. This also shall please the LORD better than a bullock that has horns and hoofs.
32. The humble shall see and be glad; and your heart shall live, you who seek God,
33. For the LORD hears the needy and does not despise His prisoners.
34. Let the heavens and earth praise Him, the seas, and everything that moves in them,
35. For God will save Zion, and will build the cities of Judah; so that they may dwell there and possess it.
36. And the seed of His servants shall inherit it, and those who love His name shall dwell in it.
To the Chief Musician.H5329
HNcbpaA Psalm of David.H1732
HNcmpahave come inH935
HRHNcmscwhere there is noH369
HNcmsaI have comeH935
HNcmpawhere the floodsH7641
Those who hate meH8130
HVqrmpcHSp1cswithout a causeH2600
HVqp3cpthan the hairsH8185
HRHNcfpcof my head;H7218
HNcmscHSp1csthose who would cut me offH6789
HVqrmpcHSp1csShould I restoreH7725
HTrI did notH3808
HTnlet those who wait on You,H6960
HVqj3mpbecause of me;Hb
HTnthe ones who seek YouH1245
HVNj3mpbecause of me,Hb
HNcfscof Your houseH1004
HNcmscHSp2mshas eaten Me up,H398
HVqp3fsHSp1csand the reproachesH2781
HCHNcfpcof those who reproached YouH2778
But as for me,H589
HNcfscHSp1csis to You,Hl
HNpin an acceptableH7522
HNcmpain the abundanceH7230
HRHNcbscof Your mercyH2617
HVqv2msHSp1csin the truthH571
HRHNcfscof Your salvation.H3468
Deliver me outH5337
HVhv2msHSp1csof the mire,H2916
HRHNcmsaand let me notH408
HVqh1cslet me be deliveredH5337
HVNh1csfrom those who hate meH8130
HRHVqrmpcHSp1csand out of the deepH4615
HTnlet the floodH7641
HCHTnlet the deepH4688
HNcfsaswallow me up,H1104
HVqj3fsHSp1csand let notH408
HCYour steadfast loveH2617
HRHSp1csaccording to the multitudeH7230
HRHNcbscof Your tender mercies.H7356
HNcfscHSp1csand my shame,H1322
HCHNcfscHSp1csand my dishonor;H3639
HNcmscHSp1csand I am full of heaviness;H5136
HCHVqw1csHShand I lookedH6960
HRHVqcbut there was none;H369
HCHTnand for comforters,H5162
HCHRdHVprmpabut I foundH4672
HNpand will buildH1129
HNpso that they may dwellH3427
HDand possess it.H3423
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved