1. O LORD God to whom vengeance belongs, O God, to whom vengeance belongs, show Yourself.
2. Lift up Yourself, Judge of the earth; render recompense to the proud.
3. How long shall the wicked, O LORD, how long shall the wicked exult?
4. They gush forth words; they speak arrogant things; all the workers of iniquity vaunt themselves.
5. They crush Your people, O LORD, and afflict Your inheritance.
6. They kill the widow and the stranger, and murder the fatherless.
7. Yet they say, “The LORD shall not see, nor shall the God of Jacob regard it.”
8. Understand, you brutish ones among the people and you fools, when will you be wise?
9. He who planted the ear, shall He not hear? He who formed the eye, shall He not see?
10. He who chastens the nations, shall He not correct? He who teaches man knowledge, shall not He know?
11. The LORD knows the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.
12. Blessed is the man whom You chasten, O LORD to teach him out of Your law
13. That You may give him rest from the days of trouble until the pit is dug for the wicked,
14. For the LORD will not cast off His people, nor will He forsake His inheritance.
15. But judgment shall return unto righteousness; and all the upright in heart shall follow it.
16. Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? Who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
17. Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
18. When I said, “My foot slips,” Your mercy, O LORD, held me up.
19. In the multitude of my anxious thoughts within me Your comforts delight my soul.
20. Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with You, even one who devises evil by decree?
21. They gather themselves against the soul of the righteous and condemn innocent blood.
22. But the LORD is my fortress, and my God is the Rock of my refuge.
23. And He will bring upon them their own iniquity, and He will cut them off in their evil. The LORD our God shall cut them off.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved