2. And I, John, saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3. And I heard a great voice from heaven say, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men; and He shall dwell with them, and they shall be His people; and God Himself shall be with them and be their God.
4. And God shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall not be any more death, or sorrow, or crying; neither shall there be any more pain, because the former things have passed away.”
6. And He said to me, “It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the one who thirsts, I will give freely of the fountain of the water of life.
8. But the cowardly, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone; which is the second death.”
9. And one of the seven angels that had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, “Come here, and I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.”
10. And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11. Having the glory of God. And her radiance was like a most precious stone, as crystal-clear as jasper stone.
12. And the city also had a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and inscribed on the gates were the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel.
13. On the east were three gates; on the north were three gates; on the south were three gates; on the west were three gates.
14. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and written on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15. And the one who was speaking with me had a golden measuring rod, so that he might measure the city, and its gates and its wall.
16. And the city lies foursquare, for its length is as long as its breadth. And he measured the city with the rod, twelve thousand furlongs; the length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
17. And he measured its wall, one hundred and forty-four cubits; the angel’s measure was according to a man’s.
18. And the structure of its wall was jasper; and the city was pure gold, like pure glass.
19. And the foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with every precious stone: the first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald;
20. The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprasus; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst.
21. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each of the gates respectively was a single pearl; and the street of the city was pure gold, as transparent as glass.
23. And the city has no need of the sun, or of the moon, that they should shine in it; because the glory of God enlightens it, and the light of it is the Lamb.
24. And the nations that are saved shall walk in its light; and the kings of the earth shall bring their glory and honor into it.
25. And its gates shall never be shut by day; for there shall be no night there.
26. And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it.
27. And nothing that defiles shall ever enter into it, nor shall anyone who practices an abomination or devises a lie; but only those who are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved