2. Which He had promised before through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures
3. Concerning His Son; Who came from the seed of David according to the flesh,
5. Through Whom we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all the nations, in behalf of His name;
6. In Whom you also are called of Jesus Christ:
7. To all those who are in Rome, beloved by God, the called saints: Grace and peace be to you from God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.
8. First, I truly thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, for your faith is spoken of in the whole world;
9. For God is my witness, Whom I serve in my spirit in the gospel of His Son, how unceasingly I make mention of you in my prayers,
10. Always beseeching, if by any means I shall now be prospered by the will of God to come to you at last.
11. For I am longing to see you, so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift in order that you may be established;
12. And that I may be comforted together with you through the faith in each one of us, both yours and mine.
13. On the other hand, I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, that many times I proposed to come to you (but I was hindered until the present), in order that I might also have some fruit among you, even as I have among the other Gentiles.
14. I am a debtor to both Greeks and barbarians, to both the wise and the unlearned;
15. So, as much as is in me, I am ready to preach the gospel to you who are in Rome also.
18. Indeed, the wrath of God is revealed from heaven upon all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness;
19. Because that which may be known of God is manifest among them, for God has manifested it to them;
21. Because when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful; but they became vain in their own reasonings, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22. While professing themselves to be the wise ones, they became fools
23. And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed creatures, and creeping things.
24. For this cause, God also abandoned them to uncleanness through the lusts of their hearts, to disgrace their own bodies between themselves,
25. Who exchanged the truth of God for the lie; and they worshiped and served the created thing more than the One Who is Creator, Who is blessed into the ages. Amen.
26. For this cause, God abandoned them to disgraceful passions; for even their women changed the natural use of sex into that which is contrary to nature;
27. And in the same manner also the men, having left the natural use of sex with the woman, were inflamed in their lustful passions toward one another—men with men shamelessly committing lewd acts, and receiving back within themselves a fitting penalty for their error.
28. And in exact proportion as they did not consent to have God in their knowledge, God abandoned them to a reprobate mind, to practice those things that are immoral;
29. Being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, malice; full of envy, murder, strife, guile, evil dispositions; whisperers,
30. Slanderers, God-haters, insolent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things and practices; disobedient to parents,
31. Void of understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable and unmerciful;
32. Who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who commit such things are worthy of death, not only practice these things themselves, but also approve of those who commit them.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved