2. For I testify of them that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.
4. For Christ is the end of works of law (see Appendix R) for righteousness to everyone who believes.
6. But the righteousness that comes through faith speaks after this manner: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who shall ascend up to heaven?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ down)
7. “Or, ‘Who shall descend into the abyss?’ “(that is, to bring Christ up from among the dead.)
9. That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.
10. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation
11. Because the scripture says, “Everyone who believes in Him shall not be ashamed.”
12. For there is no difference between Jew and Greek, because the same Lord of all is rich toward all who call upon Him.
13. For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14. How then shall they call on Him in Whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of Whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without preaching?
15. And how shall they preach, unless they be sent? Accordingly, it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who announce the gospel of peace, and those who announce the good news of good things!”
16. But all have not obeyed the gospel because as Isaiah said, “Lord, who has believed our report?”
17. So then, faith comes by hearing, and hearing through the Word of God.
18. But I say, did they not hear? Yes, indeed, for it is written, “Their voices went out into all the earth; their words went out even to the ends of the habitable world.”
20. Then Isaiah was very bold and said, “I was found by those who were not seeking Me, and I was revealed to those who were not inquiring after Me.”
21. However, to Israel he said, “All day long I have stretched out My hands to a people who are disobeying and contradicting.”
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved