1. Now then I say, did God Himself repudiate His people? MAY IT NEVER BE! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2. God did not repudiate His people whom He foreknew. Don’t you know what the scripture says in the account of Elijah? How he was pleading with God against Israel, saying,
3. “Lord, they have killed your prophets, and they have torn down your altars; and I alone am left, and they are seeking my life.”
4. But what did the answer from God say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed a knee to Baal.”
6. But if the election is by grace, it is no longer by works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.
7. What then? What Israel was seeking through works, this it did not obtain. But the election obtained it through grace, and the rest were hardened,
8. (According as it is written, “God gave them a spirit of slumber, eyes that are not able to see, and ears that are not able to hear,”) unto this day.
10. Let their eyes be darkened so that they are not able to see, and bow down their backs continually.”
11. Therefore I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? MAY IT NEVER BE! But by their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles for the purpose of provoking them to jealousy.
12. Now if their transgression be the riches of the world, and their failure be the wealth of the Gentiles, how much more will their fullness be?
14. If by any means I might provoke to jealousy those of my flesh, and might save some among them.
15. For if their casting away be the reconciliation of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, except life from the dead?
16. Now if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, the branches are also holy.
17. But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and you became a fellow partaker of the root and of the fatness of the olive tree,
18. Do not boast against the branches; but if you are boasting against them, remember that you do not bear the root; rather, the root bears you.
19. Will you then say, “The branches were broken off in order that I might be grafted in”?
20. That is true! Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be high-minded, but fear;
21. For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest He not spare you either.
22. Therefore, behold the graciousness and the severity of God: upon those who fell, severity; and upon you, graciousness, if you continue in His graciousness; otherwise you also will be cut off.
23. And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, shall be grafted in because God is able to graft them in again.
24. For if you were cut off from an olive tree which by nature is wild, and contrary to nature were grafted into a good olive tree, how much more shall those who according to nature were from the good olive tree be grafted back into their own olive tree?
25. For I do not wish you to be ignorant of this mystery, brethren, in order that you may not be wise in your own conceits: that a partial hardening of the heart has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in;
26. And so all Israel shall be saved, according as it is written: “Out of Sion shall come the Deliverer, and He shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.
27. For this is My covenant, which I will make with them when I have taken away their sins.”
28. On the one hand, concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes; but on the other hand, concerning the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes;
29. Because the gifts and the calling of God are never revoked.
30. For just as you once did not believe God, but have now been shown mercy through their unbelief,
31. In the same way also, they have not believed at this time in order that through the mercy shown to you, they also may have mercy shown to them.
32. For God has given them all over to unbelief in order that He might show mercy to all.
33. O the depth of the riches of both the wisdom and the knowledge of God! How unfathomable are His judgments and unsearchable are His ways!
34. For who did know the mind of the Lord, or who became His counselor?
35. Or who first gave to Him, and it shall be recompensed to him again?
36. For from Him, and through Him, and unto Him are all things; to Him be the glory into the ages of eternity. Amen.
N-ASMMAY IT NEVERG3361
N-GSM-Pof the tribeG5443
PREPthe account of Elijah?G2243
CONJhe was pleadingG1793
N-VSMthey have killedG615
CONJthey have torn downG2679
CONJthey are seekingG2212
T-NSManswer from GodG5538
P-DSM"I have reservedG2641
CONJin the same way,G3779
CONDthe election is by grace,G5485
N-DSFit is noG3756
V-PAI-3Sthrough works, thisG5127
D-GSNit did notG3756
V-2AAI-3Sthrough grace, andG1161
CONJit is written,G1125
PRT-Nable to see,G991
PRT-Nable to hear,")G191
PREPa stumbling block,G4625
T-GSMso that they are notG3361
PRT-Nable to see,G991
V-PAI-1Sdid they stumbleG4417
V-AAI-3Pin order thatG2443
CONJthey might fall?G4098
V-2AAS-3PMAY IT NEVERG3361
N-NSFhas come to theG3588
T-ASNpurpose of provoking themG846
N-NSNbe the richesG4149
N-NSMof the world,G2889
N-NSNbe the wealthG4149
N-NSMof the Gentiles,G1484
CONJI am speakingG3004
N-NSMof the Gentiles—G1484
N-NSFof the world,G2889
N-NSFof them be, exceptG1487
N-GPMwere broken off,G1575
V-PXP-NSMa wild olive tree,G65
N-NSFwere grafted inG1461
V-2ADI-2Sa fellow partakerG4791
CONJyou are boasting againstG2620
V-PNI-2Sthem, remember that youG4771
That is true!G2573
N-DSFthey were broken off,G1575
PREPtake heed lestG3381
CONJHe not spareG5339
CONJwill be cut off.G1581
CONJthey do notG3361
N-DSFshall be grafted inG1461
P-2NSwere cut offG1581
PREPan olive tree whichG3588
PREPa good olive tree,G2565
N-ASFwere from the good olive tree be grafted back intoG1461
P-2APto be ignorantG50
N-VPMin order thatG2443
CONJyou may notG3361
PREPyour own conceits:G1438
N-NSFof the heart has happenedG1096
N-GPNbe come in;G1525
N-NSM-Lshall be saved,G4982
CONJit is written:G1125
CONJHe shall turn awayG654
On the one hand,G3303
N-ASNthey are enemiesG2190
PREPbut on the other hand,G1161
N-ASFthey are belovedG27
PRTdid not believeG544
ADVbeen shown mercyG1653
In the same wayG3779
D-NPMhave not believedG544
V-AAI-3Pat this timeG3568
ADVin order thatG2443
N-DSNshown to you,G5212
CONJmay have mercyG1653
V-APS-3Pshown to them.
N-NSNof the richesG4149
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved