2. Do not conform yourselves to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind in order that you may prove what is well pleasing and good, and the perfect will of God.
3. For I say through the grace that was given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think with sound-mindedness, as God has divided to each one a measure of faith.
4. For even as we have many members in one body, but all members do not have the same function;
5. Likewise, we, being many, are one body in Christ, and each one members of one another.
6. But each one has different gifts according to the grace that is given to us—whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the measure of faith;
7. Or service, let us tend to service; or the one who is teaching, let him tend to teaching;
8. Or the one who is encouraging, let him tend to encouragement; the one who is giving, let it be with generosity; the one who is taking the lead, let it be with diligence; the one who is showing mercy, let it be with cheerfulness.
9. Let love be without hypocrisy, abhorring that which is evil and cleaving to that which is good.
10. Be kindly affectioned toward one another in brotherly love. Let each esteem the other more highly than himself.
11. Be not slack in business. Be fervent in spirit. Be timely in serving.
12. Be rejoicing in hope. Be patient in tribulation. Be steadfastly continuing in prayer.
13. Contribute to the needs of the saints, and strive to be hospitable.
14. Bless those who persecute you; bless, and do not curse.
15. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep;
16. Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high ambitions; rather, be accommodating with those of low estate. Do not be wise in your own eyes.
17. Do not render to anyone evil for evil, but be prepared to do what is right in the sight of all men.
18. If possible, as much as is your part, be at peace with all men.
19. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves; rather, leave this to God’s wrath; for it is written, ” ‘Vengeance is Mine! I will recompense,’ says the Lord.”
20. Therefore, if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him drink; for in doing this you will be heaping coals of fire on his head.
21. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved