4. Therefore, we were buried with Him through the baptism into the death A literal translation from the Greek, meaning one’s covenant death with Christ and His death through the operation of baptism by full immersion in water.; so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, in the same way, we also should walk in newness of life.
5. For if we have been conjoined together in the likeness of His death, so also shall we be in the likeness of His resurrection.
6. Knowing this, that our old man was co-crucified with Him in order that the body of sin might be destroyed, so that we might no longer be enslaved to sin;
7. Because the one who has died to sin has been justified from sin.
8. Now if we died together with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
9. Knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more; death no longer has any dominion over Him.
10. For when He died, He died unto sin once for all; but in that He lives, He lives unto God.
11. In the same way also, you should indeed reckon yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God through Christ Jesus our Lord.
13. Likewise, do not yield your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin; rather, yield yourselves to God as those who are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.
16. Don’t you realize that to whom you yield yourselves as servants to obey, you are servants of the one you obey, whether it is of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17. But thanks be to God, that you were the servants of sin, but you have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered to you;
18. And having been delivered from sin, you became the servants of righteousness.
19. I speak from a human point of view because of the weakness of your flesh; for just as you once yielded your members in bondage to uncleanness, and to lawlessness unto lawlessness, so now yield your members in bondage to righteousness unto sanctification.
20. For when you were the servants of sin, you were free from righteousness.
21. Therefore, what fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end result of those things is death.
22. But now that you have been delivered from sin and have become servants of God, you have your fruit unto sanctification, and the end result is eternal life.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved