1. I am the rose of Sharon, the lily of the valleys.
2. As the lily among thorns, so is My love among the daughters.
3. As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my Beloved among the young men. I sat down under His shadow with great delight, and His fruit was sweet to my taste.
4. He brought me to the banqueting house, and His banner over me was love.
5. Sustain me with raisin cakes, comfort me with apples, for I am sick with love.
6. His left hand is under my head, and His right hand embraces me.
7. I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the gazelles, and by the does of the field, do not stir up or awake love until it pleases.
8. The voice of my Beloved! Behold, He comes leaping on the mountains, skipping on the hills.
9. My Beloved is like a gazelle or a young hart. Behold, He stands behind our wall, He looks in through the windows, peers through the lattice.
10. My Beloved spoke, and said to me, “Rise up, My love, My beautiful one, and come away.
11. For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone.
12. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land;
13. The fig tree puts forth her green figs, and the vines in blossom give forth their fragrance. Arise, My love, My beautiful one, and come away.
14. O My dove, in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let Me see your face, let Me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your countenance is beautiful.”
15. Catch us the foxes, the little foxes that spoil the vines; for our vines are in blossom.
16. My Beloved is mine, and I am His; He feeds among the lilies.
17. Until the day break and the shadows flee away, turn, my Beloved, and be like a gazelle, or a young stag, upon the mountains of spices.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved