1. The song of songs, which is Solomon’s.
2. Let Him kiss me with the kisses of His mouth; for Your love is better than wine.
3. For Your ointments have a lovely fragrance; Your name is as ointment poured out; therefore the maidens love You.
4. Draw me, we will run after You. The King has brought me into his chambers; we will be glad and rejoice in You, we will praise Your love more than wine;the upright love You.
5. I am dark tan, but lovely, O daughters of Jerusalem, like the tents of Kedar, like the curtains of Solomon.
6. Do not look on me scornfully because I am dark tan, because the sun has tanned me. My mother’s sons were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but my own vineyard I have not kept.
7. Tell me, You Whom my soul loves, where do You feed, where do You make Your flock to rest at noon? For why should I be as one who veils herself beside the flocks of Your companions?
8. If you know not, O most beautiful among women, follow in the footsteps of the flock; and feed your kids beside the shepherds’ tents.
9. O My love, I have compared you to My mare among Pharaoh’s chariots.
10. Your cheeks are beautiful with ornaments, your neck with strings of jewels.
11. We will make you ornaments of gold with studs of silver.
12. While the King is at his table, my perfume gives its fragrance.
13. My Beloved is to me like a bag of myrrh that lies between my breasts.
14. My Beloved is to me like a cluster of henna flowers in the vineyards of En Gedi.
15. Behold, you are beautiful, My love; behold, you are beautiful; you have doves’ eyes.
16. Behold, You are beautiful, my Beloved, yea, pleasant. Also our bed is luxuriant.
17. The beams of our house are cedar, and our rafters are of fir.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved