1. Behold, you are beautiful, My love. Behold, you are beautiful; your eyes are like doves’ from behind your veil; your hair is like a flock of goats descending from Mount Gilead.
2. Your teeth are like a flock of shorn sheep, which came up from the washing; they all are paired and not one is missing among them.
3. Your lips are like a cord of scarlet, and your mouth is lovely; your cheeks are like halves of a pomegranate behind your veil.
4. Your neck is like the tower of David built with turrets, on which there hang a thousand bucklers, all shields of mighty men.
5. Your two breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle, feeding among the lilies.
6. Until the day breaks, and the shadows flee away, I will go to the mountain of myrrh and to the hill of frankincense.
7. You are all fair, My love; no blemish is in you.
8. Come with Me from Lebanon, My bride; with Me from Lebanon. Look from the top of Amana, from the top of Shenir and Hermon, from the lions’ dens, from the mountains of the leopards.
9. You ravished My heart, My dearly beloved My sister” is a term of extreme endearment throughout., My bride, you ravished My heart with one look of your eyes, with one chain of your necklace.
10. How fair is your love, My dearly beloved, My bride! How much better is your love than wine, and the smell of your ointments than all manner of spices!
11. Your lips, My bride, drop sweetness like the honeycomb; honey and milk are under your tongue; and the scent of your garments is like the scent of Lebanon.
12. An enclosed garden is My dearly beloved, My bride; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.
13. Your plants are an orchard of pomegranates, with pleasant fruits; with henna and spikenard,
14. Spikenard and saffron; calamus and cinnamon, with all trees of frankincense, myrrh and aloes, with all the chief spices;
15. You are a fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and flowing streams from Lebanon.
16 Awake, O north wind; and come, south wind; blow upon my garden, so that the spices of it may flow out. Let my Beloved come into His garden and eat His pleasant fruits.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved