1. I have come into My garden, My dearly beloved, My bride; I have gathered My myrrh with My spice; I have eaten My honeycomb with My honey; I have drunk My wine with My milk. Eat, O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly, O Beloved.
2. I sleep, but my heart is awake. Hark! My Beloved knocks, saying, “Open to Me, My dearly beloved, My love, My dove, My undefiled; for My head is filled with dew, My locks with the moisture of the night.”
3. I have put off my coat; how shall I put it on again? I have washed my feet; how shall I defile them?
4. My Beloved put in His hand by the latchet of the door, and my heart was thrilled within me for Him.
5. I rose up to open for my Beloved; and my hands dripped with myrrh, and my fingers flowing with myrrh on the handles of the lock.
6. I opened for my Beloved, but my Beloved had turned away and was gone. My soul failed me when He spoke; I sought Him, but I could not find Him. I called Him, but He did not answer me.
7. The watchmen who went about the city found me and struck me; they wounded me. The keepers of the wall took away my cloak from me.
8. I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, if you find my Beloved, what will you tell Him? That I am sick with love.
9. What is your Beloved more than another beloved, O most beautiful among women? What is your Beloved more than another beloved, that you adjure us so?
10. My Beloved is shimmering and ruddy, preeminent above ten thousand.
11. His head is like refined gold; His locks are curly, black as a raven.
12. His eyes are like doves, beside streams of water, bathed in milk, and fitly set.
13. His cheeks are like a bed of spices, towers of sweet aromatic herbs. His lips are as lilies dripping with flowing myrrh.
14. His hands are like rods of gold set with beryl; His body is as polished ivory overlaid with sapphires.
15. His legs are like pillars of marble set on sockets of fine gold; His appearance is like Lebanon, excellent as the cedars.
16. His mouth is most sweet; yea, He is altogether lovely. This is my Beloved, and this is my Friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved