1. Where has your Beloved gone, O most beautiful among women? Where has your Beloved turned aside, that we may seek Him along with you?
2. My Beloved has gone down to His garden, to the beds of spices, to feed in the gardens and to gather lilies.
3. I am my Beloved’s, and my Beloved is mine; He feeds among the lilies.
4. O My love, you are as beautiful as Tirzah, as lovely as Jerusalem, as awesome as an army with banners.
5. Turn away your eyes from Me, for they have overcome Me; your hair is like a flock of goats descending from Gilead.
6. Your teeth are like a flock of ewes which have come up from the washing; they all are paired and not one is missing among them.
7. Your temples behind your veil are like a pomegranate split open.
8. There are sixty queens, and eighty concubines, and virgins without number.
9. But My dove, My undefiled is one alone. She is the only one of her mother. She is the choice of her who bore her. The daughters saw her and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines saw her, and they praised her.
10. Who is she who appears like the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, awesome as an army with banners?
11. I went down into the garden of nuts to see the green plants of the valley, to see whether the vine flowered and the pomegranates had blossomed.
12. Before I was aware, my soul set me upon the chariots of my princely people.
13. Return, return, O Shulamite! Return, return, that we may look upon you. What will you see in the Shulamite—as it were a dance before two companies?
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved