1. How beautiful are your feet in sandals, O prince’s daughter! The curves of your thighs are like jewels, the work of the hands of a skillful workman.
2. Your navel is like a round goblet, which never lacks mixed wine; your belly is like a heap of wheat set about with lilies.
3. Your two breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle.
4. Your neck is like a tower of ivory; your eyes like pools in Heshbon, by the gate of Beth Rabbim; your nose is like the tower of Lebanon which looks toward Damascus.
5. Your head upon you is like Carmel, and the hair of your head like purple tapestry; the King is held captive in its tresses.
6. How beautiful and how pleasant you are, O love, for delights!
7. Your stature is like a palm tree, and your breasts are like clusters of grapes.
8. I said, “I will go up into the palm tree, I will take hold of its branches.” And please let your breasts be like clusters of the vine, and the smell of your countenance like apples;
9. And the roof of your mouth like the best wine. The wine glides down smoothly for my Beloved, moving gently over the lips of those who are sleeping.
10. I am my Beloved’s, and His desire is toward me.
11. Come, my Beloved, let us go out into the field; let us lodge in the villages.
12. Let us rise up early to the vineyards; let us see whether the vine has budded, whether the tender grape appears, and the pomegranates bud forth; there I will give You my love.
13. The mandrakes give a scent, and over our doors are all manner of pleasant fruits, new and old, which I have laid up for You, O my Beloved.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved