1. Ask rain from the LORD in the time of the latter rain; the LORD Who makes storm clouds, and gives them showers of rain, and to every one vegetation in the field,
2. For the household idols speak lawlessness, and the diviners have seen a lie and have told false dreams. They comfort in vain; therefore they wandered like sheep; they were afflicted because there was no shepherd.
3. “My anger was kindled against the shepherds, and I will punish the he-goats; for the LORD of hosts has visited His flock, the house of Judah, and has made them as His beautiful horse in battle.
4. Out of them came forth the cornerstone; out of them the tent peg; out of them the battle bow; out of them every master together.
5. And they shall be like mighty ones who trample down their enemies in the mud of the streets in the battle. And they shall fight because the LORD is with them, and they shall make the riders on horses ashamed.
6. And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will return to save them; for I have mercy upon them. And they shall be as though I had not cast them off; for I am the LORD their God, and I will answer them.
7. And Ephraim shall be like a mighty one, and their heart shall rejoice as through wine. And their children shall see and be glad; their heart shall rejoice in the LORD.
8. I will signal for them and gather them; for I have redeemed them. And they shall increase as they formerly increased.
9. And I will sow them among the people, and they shall remember Me in distant countries; and they shall live with their children and they shall return.
10. I will bring them again also out of the land of Egypt, and I will gather them out of Assyria; and I will bring them into the land of Gilead and Lebanon; until no more room shall be found for them.
11. And they shall pass through the sea of affliction, and shall strike the waves of the sea; and all the depths of the Nile shall dry up. And the pride of Assyria shall be humbled, and the scepter of Egypt shall depart away.
12. And I will strengthen them in the LORD; and they shall walk up and down in His name,” says the LORD.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved