1. The burden of the Word of the LORD against the land of Hadrach, and its resting place, Damascus (when the eyes of man, and all the tribes of Israel, shall be toward the LORD);
2. And Hamath also borders on it; Tyre and Sidon, though they are very wise.
3. And Tyre shall build herself a stronghold, and shall heap up silver like the dust, and gold like the mud of the streets;
4. Behold, the LORD will cast her out, and He will strike her power in the sea, and she shall be burned up with fire.
5. Ashkelon shall see and be afraid; Gaza also shall see it and writhe in anguish; and Ekron shall be ashamed for her hope. And the king shall perish from Gaza, and Ashkelon shall not be inhabited.
6. “And a bastard shall dwell in Ashdod, and I will cut off the pride of the Philistines.
7. And I will take away the blood from out of his mouth, and his abominations from between his teeth. But the remnant, even they shall be for our God. And he shall be as a governor in Judah, and Ekron like a Jebusite.
8. And I will camp around My house because of the army, because of him who passed by, and because of him who returns. And no tyrant shall pass through them any more, for now I have seen with My eyes.
9. Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem; behold, your King comes to you. He is triumphant and victorious, yet meek and riding on a donkey, even on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
10. And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem. And the battle bow shall be cut off, and He shall speak peace to the nations; and His dominion shall be from sea to sea, and from the River to the ends of the earth.
11. You also, by the blood of your covenant I have freed your prisoners out of the pit in which there is no water.
12. Turn to the stronghold, prisoners of hope; even today do I declare that I shall restore double to you,
13. For I bent Judah for me and I filled the bow with Ephraim, and I will raise up your sons, O Zion, against your sons, O Greece, and make you as the sword of a mighty man.”
14. And the LORD shall be seen over them, and His arrow shall go forth like the lightning; and the Lord GOD shall blow the ram’s horn, and shall go out with the whirlwinds from the south.
15. The LORD of hosts shall defend them; and they shall devour and subdue with slingstones. And they shall drink and be boisterous, as through wine. And they shall be filled like a bowl, and like the corners of the altar.
16. And the LORD their God shall save them in that day as the flock of His people; for they are as stones of a crown, lifted up as a banner over His land,
17. For how great is its goodness and how great its beauty! Grain shall make the young men flourish, and new wine the virgins.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved