1. And the Word of the LORD of hosts came to me, saying,
2. “Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘I was jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I was jealous for her with great fury.’
3. Thus says the LORD, ‘I have returned to Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth, and the mountain of the LORD of hosts, the holy mountain.’
4. Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘There shall yet be old men and old women sitting in the streets of Jerusalem, and each man with his staff in his hand because of their great age.
5. And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in its streets.’
6. Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘If it is marvelous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in those days, will it not also be marvelous in My eyes?’ says the LORD of hosts.
7. Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘Behold, I will save My people from the east country, and from the west country.
8. And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. And they shall be My people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.’
9. Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘Let your hands be strong, you who hear in these days these words by the mouth of the prophets, that in the day the foundation of the house of the LORD of hosts is laid, the temple is to be built,
10. For before these days there was no hire for man, nor was there hire for beast; and there was no peace to him from the adversary who went out or came in, for I did set all men every one against his neighbor.
11. But now I will not be to the remnant of this people as in the former days,’ says the LORD of hosts,
12. ‘For they shall sow in peace; the vine shall give its fruit, and the ground shall give its increase, and the heavens shall give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to possess all these things.
13. And it shall come to pass, that as you were a curse among the nations, O house of Judah and house of Israel, so I will save you, and you shall be a blessing. Do not fear, but let your hands be strong.’
14. For thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘As I thought to punish you when your fathers provoked Me to wrath,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘and I did not repent;
15. So again I have thought in these days to do good to Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. Fear not.
16. These are the things that you shall do. Each man speak the truth to his neighbor. Execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates.
17. And let no one imagine evil in your heart against his neighbor; and do not love a false oath, for all these are things that I hate,’ says the LORD.”
18. And the Word of the LORD of hosts came to me, saying,
19. “Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘The fast of the fourth month, and the fast of the fifth month, and the fast of the seventh month, and the fast of the tenth month, shall be to the house of Judah for joy and gladness, and cheerful feasts. Therefore love truth and peace.’
20. Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘It shall yet come to pass, that there shall come people and inhabitants of many cities.
21. And the residents of one shall go to another, saying, “Let us go at once to pray before the face of the LORD, and to seek the LORD of hosts; I will go also.”
23. Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men, out of all languages of the nations, shall take hold, and will seize the skirt of a man, a Jew, saying, “We will go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved