1. “In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David, and to the people of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and for uncleanness.
2. And it shall be in that day,” says the LORD of hosts, “I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall be remembered no more. And also I will cause the lying prophets and the unclean spirits to pass out of the land.
3. And it shall be when any shall yet prophesy, his father and his mother who gave birth to him shall say to him then, ‘You shall not live; for you speak lies in the name of the LORD.’ And his father and his mother who gave him birth shall thrust him through when he prophesies.
4. And it shall come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed, each one of his vision, when he prophesies. And they shall not wear a hairy garment in order to deceive.
5. But he shall say, ‘I am no prophet; I am a man, a tiller of the ground; for a man taught me to be a servant from my youth.’
6. And one shall say to him, ‘What are these wounds in your hands?’ Then he shall answer, ‘Those with which I was wounded in the house of those who love me.’ ”
7. “Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd, and against the Man who is My companion,” says the LORD of hosts. “Strike the Shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered. And I will turn My hand upon the little ones.
8. And it shall come to pass in all the land,” says the LORD, “two parts in it shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left in it.
9. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried. They shall call upon My name, and I will answer them; I will say, ‘It is My people;’ and they shall say, ‘The LORD is my God.’ ”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved