1. I lifted up my eyes again and looked, and behold! A man with a measuring line in his hand.
2. Then I said, “Where are you going?” And he said to me, “To measure Jerusalem, to see what is its breadth and what is its length.”
3. And behold, the angel who talked with me went out, and another angel went out to meet him.
4. And he said to him, “Run, speak to this young man, saying, ‘Jerusalem shall be inhabited, as towns without walls for the multitude of men and livestock in her midst.
5. And I,’ says the LORD, ‘will be to her a wall of fire all around, and will be the glory in her midst.’ ”
6. “Ho! Ho! Flee then from the land of the north,” says the LORD, “for I have scattered you as the four winds of the heavens,” says the LORD.
7. “Ho! O Zion, escape, you who live with the daughter of Babylon.”
8. For thus says the LORD of hosts; “After His glory, He sent me unto the nations who plundered you; for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye,
9. For behold, I will shake My hand over them, and they shall be a prize for their servants. And you shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent me.
10. Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for lo, I come, and I will dwell in your midst,” says the LORD.
11. “And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be My people; and I will dwell in your midst, and you shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent me to you.
12. And the LORD shall possess Judah, His portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.
13. Be silent, all flesh, before the LORD; for He has risen out of His holy dwelling place.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved