1. And He showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
2. And the LORD said to Satan, “May the LORD rebuke you, Satan! May even the LORD Who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a brand plucked out of the fire?”
3. Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
4. And He answered and spoke to those who stood before him, saying, “Take the filthy garments from off him.” And to him He said, “Behold, I have caused your iniquity to pass from you, and I will clothe you with ceremonial robes.”
5. And I said, “Let them set a clean mitre on his head.” And they set a clean mitre on his head and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by.
6. And the angel of the LORD charged Joshua, saying,
7. “Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘If you will walk in My ways, and if you will keep My charge, then you shall also judge My house, and shall also keep My courts, and I will give you places to walk among these who stand by.
8. Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, you and your fellows who sit before you; for they are men wondered at, for behold, I will bring forth My Servant the Branch!
9. For behold, the stone that I have set before Joshua: On one stone are seven eyes. Behold, I will engrave its engraving upon it,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
10. In that day,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘you shall call, each man to his neighbor, to sit under the vine and under the fig tree.’ ”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved