1. Then David the king said to all the congregation, “Solomon my son, whom alone God has chosen, is young and tender, and the work is great, for the palace is not for man, but for the LORD God.
2. Now I have prepared with all my might for the house of my God the gold for things of gold, and the silver for things of silver, and the bronze for things of bronze, the iron for things of iron, and wood for things of wood, onyx stones, and stones to be set, and also stones of antimony, and stones of many colors, and every precious stone, and stones of alabaster, in abundance.
3. And also, because I have set my affection on the house of my God, out of my own treasure of gold and silver I have given to the house of my God over and above all that I have prepared for the holy house,
4. Three thousand talents of gold of the gold of Ophir, and seven thousand talents of refined silver to overlay the walls of the houses;
5. The gold for things of gold, and the silver for things of silver, and for all kinds of work by the hands of artificers. Now then who is willing to consecrate his service this day to the LORD?”
6. Then the chiefs of the fathers, and the rulers of the tribes of Israel, and the commanders of thousands and of hundreds, with the rulers of the king’s work, offered willingly.
7. And they gave for the service of the house of God five thousand talents of gold and ten thousand darics, and ten thousand talents of silver, and eighteen thousand talents of bronze, and one hundred thousand talents of iron.
8. And those who had precious stones gave to the treasury of the house of the LORD by the hand of Jehiel the Gershomite.
9. And the people rejoiced because they offered willingly, because with a perfect heart they offered willingly to the LORD. And David the king also rejoiced with great joy.
10. And David blessed the LORD before all the congregation. And David said, “Blessed are You, LORD God of Israel our Father, forever and ever.
11. O LORD, Yours is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and, the majesty, for all in the heavens and in the earth is Yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and You are exalted as head over all.
12. And the riches and the honor are from You, and You reign over all. And in Your hand is power and might. And it is in Your hand to make great and to give strength to all.
13. Now therefore, our God, we thank You and praise Your glorious name.
14. But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly after this sort? For all things are from You, and we have given to You that which is Yours.
15. For we are strangers before You, and pilgrims, as our fathers were. Our days on the earth are like a shadow, and none abides.
16. O LORD our God, all this store that we have prepared to build You a house for Your holy name comes from Your hand and is all Your own.
17. I know also, my God, that You try the heart, and have pleasure in uprightness. As for me, in the uprightness of my heart I have willingly offered all these things. And now I have seen with joy Your people who are present here to offer willingly to You.
18. O LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, our fathers, keep this forever in the imagination of the thoughts of the heart of Your people, and prepare their heart to You.
19. Now give to Solomon my son a perfect heart to keep Your commandments, Your testimonies, and Your statutes, and to do all these things, and to build the magnificent temple for which I have made ready.”
20. And David said to all the congregation, “Now bless the LORD your God!” And all the congregation blessed the LORD God of their fathers, and bowed and worshiped the LORD, and bowed before the king.
21. And they sacrificed sacrifices to the LORD and offered burnt offerings to the LORD. On the next day they sacrificed a thousand bulls, a thousand rams, a thousand lambs, with their drink offerings, and sacrifices in abundance for all Israel.
22. And they ate and drank before the LORD on that day with great gladness. And they made Solomon the son of David king the second time, and anointed him before the LORD as ruler, and Zadok to be priest.
23. And Solomon sat upon the throne of the LORD as king in place of David his father. And he prospered, and all Israel obeyed him.
24. And all the rulers and the mighty men, and also all the sons of King David, submitted themselves to Solomon the king.
25. And the LORD made Solomon very great in the sight of all Israel and bestowed upon him such royal majesty as had not been on any king before him in Israel.
26. And David, the son of Jesse, reigned over all Israel.
27. And the time that he reigned over Israel was forty years. He reigned seven years in Hebron, and thirty-three years in Jerusalem.
28. And he died in a good old age, full of days, riches, and honor. And Solomon his son reigned in his place.
30. With all his reign and his might, and the events that happened to him, and to Israel, and to all the kingdoms of the lands.
HCHAamsaand the workH4399
HCfor the LORDH3068
Now I have preparedH3559
HNcmscHSp1csfor the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof my GodH430
HTdHNcmsafor things of gold,H2091
HRdHNcmsaand the silverH3701
HCHTdHNcmsafor things of silver,H3701
HRdHNcmsaand the bronzeH5178
HCHTdHNcfsafor things of bronze,H5178
HTdHNcmsafor things of iron,H1270
HCHTdHNcmpafor things of wood,H6086
HNcfpcand stones to be set,H4394
HCHNcmpaand also stonesH68
HNcmsaand stones of many colors,H7553
HCHDbecause I have set my affectionH7521
HRHVqcHSp1cson the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof my God,H430
HCHNcmsaI have givenH5414
HVqp1csto the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof my GodH430
HNcmpcHSp1csover and aboveH4605
HRHNcmscthat I have preparedH3559
HVhp1csfor the holyH6944
HNcmsaof the goldH2091
HNcmpcof the houses;H1004
HRdHNcmsafor things of gold,H2091
HRdHNcmsaand the silverH3701
HCHRdHNcmsafor things of silver,H3701
HRdHNcmsaand for allH3605
HCHRHNcmsckinds of workH4399
HNcfsaby the handsH3027
HNcmpaNow then whoH4310
HTdHNcmsato the LORD?"H3068
Then the chiefsH8269
HNcmpcof the fathers,H1
HTdHNcmpaand the rulersH8269
HCHNcmpcof the tribesH7626
HNpand the commandersH8269
HTdHAcbpaand of hundreds,H3967
HCHTdHAcbpawith the rulersH8269
HCHRHNcmpcof the king'sH4428
And they gaveH5414
HCHVqw3mpfor the serviceH5656
HRHNcfscof the houseH1004
HCHNcmpaand ten thousandH7239
HCHNcfsaand one hundredH3967
And those who hadH4672
HVqp3cpto the treasuryH214
HRHNcmscof the houseH1004
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
And the peopleH5971
HRthey offered willingly,H5068
HCwith a perfectH8003
HRHNcmsathey offered willinglyH5068
HVtp3cpto the LORD.H3068
HTdHNcfsaand the power,H1369
HCHTdHNcfsaand the glory,H8597
HCHTdHNcfsaand the victory,H5331
HCHTdHNcmsaand, the majesty,H1935
HNcmsain the heavensH8064
HRdHNcmpaand in the earthH776
HCHRdHNcbsais Yours. YoursHl
HNpand You are exaltedH4984
And the richesH6239
HCHTdHNcmsaand the honorH3519
HRdHNcmsaAnd in Your handH3027
HCHNcfsaAnd it is in Your handH3027
HCHRHNcbscHSp2msto make greatH1431
HRHVpcand to give strengthH2388
HCwe should beH6113
HNcmsato offer so willinglyH5068
HRHSp2msand we have givenH5414
HCHRHNcbscHSp2msthat which is Yours.Hl
HNcmpcHSp1cpwere. Our daysH3117
HTdHNcbsaarelike a shadow,H6738
HTrwe have preparedH3559
HNcmsafor Your holyH6944
HRHNcmsccomesfrom Your handH3027
HCHVqq1csalso, my God,H430
HNcmsaand have pleasureH7521
HCHNcmpaAs for me,H589
HPp1csin the uprightnessH3476
HRHNcmscof my heartH3824
HNcmscHSp1csI have willingly offeredH5068
HCHDI have seenH7200
HNcmscHSp2mswho are presentH4672
HDto offer willinglyH5068
HNpand of Israel,H3478
HRHNcmsain the imaginationH3336
HRHNcmscof the thoughtsH4284
HNcfpcof the heartH3824
HNcmscof Your people,H5971
HNcfpcHSp2msand Your statutes,H2708
HCHNcbpcHSp2msand to doH6213
HTdHNcmsathese things, and to buildH1129
HCHRHVqcthe magnificent templeH1002
HTrI have made ready."H3559
HNcmpcof their fathers,H1
HRHNpand bowed before the king.H4428
And they sacrificedH2076
HNcmpato the LORDH3068
HNcfpato the LORD.H3068
HRHNpOn the next dayH4283
HTdHPp3msthey sacrificeda thousandH505
HNcmpawith their drink offerings,H5262
And they ateH398
HRHNcfsaAnd they made SolomonH8010
HCHVhw3mpthe second time,H8145
HCHVqw3mphimbefore the LORDH3068
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HRHNcmsain place ofH8478
HNcmscHSp3msAnd he prospered,H6743
HTdHNcmpaand the mighty men,H1368
And the LORDH3068
HRHDHSdin the sightH5869
And the timeH3117
And he diedH4191
HCHVqw3msin a goodH2896
HCHVqw3msin his place.H8478
And the actsH1697
HTmHSp3mpthey are writtenH3789
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved