1. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ, called by the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
2. To the church of God that is in Corinth, the called saints who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, together with all those in every place who are calling on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
3. Grace and peace be to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. I thank my God always concerning you, for the grace of God that has been given to you in Christ Jesus;
5. And that you have been spiritually enriched in Him in everything, in all discourse and knowledge,
6. According as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you;
7. So that you do not lack even one spiritual gift while you are awaiting the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ,
9. God is faithful, by Whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
10. Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; rather, that you be knit together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11. For my brethren, it has been declared to me concerning you, by those of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12. Now this I say, since everyone among you says, “I am of Paul”; or, “I am of Apollos”; or, “I am of Cephas”; or “I am of Christ.”
13. Has Christ been divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized into the name of Paul?
14. I thank God that I did not baptize any of you, except Crispus and Gaius,
15. Lest someone should say that I baptized new converts into my own name.
16. But I also baptized the household of Stephanas; as for any others, I do not know if I baptized anyone else.
17. For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with the wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ be made void.
18. For to those who are perishing, the preaching of the cross is foolishness; but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God.
19. For it is written, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and I will nullify the understanding of those who understand.”
20. Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Did not God make foolish the wisdom of this world?
21. For since in the wisdom of God the world through its own wisdom did not know God, it pleased God to save those who believe through the foolishness of preaching.
22. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom;
23. But we proclaim Christ crucified. To the Jews it is a cause of offense, and to the Greeks it is foolishness;
24. But to those who are called—both Jews and Greeks—Christ is God’s power and God’s wisdom
25. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26. For you see your calling, brethren, that there are not many who are wise according to the flesh, not many who are powerful, not many who are high-born among you.
27. Rather, God has chosen the foolish things of the world, so that He might put to shame those who are wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world so that He might put to shame the strong things.
28. And the low-born of the world, and the despised has God chosen—even the things that are counted as nothing—in order that He might bring to nothing the things that are;
29. So that no flesh might glory in His presence.
30. But you are of Him in Christ Jesus, Who was made to us wisdom from God—even righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption;
31. So that, as it is written, “The one who glories, let him glory in the Lord.”
A-DPMwho have been sanctifiedG37
T-DPMare calling onG1941
T-DSFhas been givenG1325
CONJyou have been spiritually enrichedG4148
N-DSNwhile you are awaitingG553
N-GSNthat you may be unimpeachableG410
R-GSMyou were calledG2564
CONJthat there beG5600
CONJthat you beG5600
N-VPMit has been declaredG1213
PREPthose of the houseG3588
P-1NSam of Apollos";G625
P-1NSam of Cephas";G2786
P-1NSam of Christ."G5547
CONJwere you baptizedG907
N-GSM-Pas for any others,G3063
A-ASNI do notG3756
CONJto preach the gospel—G2097
N-GSM-Tbe made void.G2758
CONJto those whoG3588
T-DPMare being saved,G4982
CONJit is written,G1125
V-RPI-3S"I will destroyG622
CONJI will nullifyG114
ADV-Iis the wise?G4680
ADV-Iis the scribe?G1122
ADV-Iis the disputerG4804
V-RPP-ASMTo the JewsG2453
A-DPM-PGit is a cause of offense,G3303
CONJto the GreeksG1672
N-DPMit is foolishness;G3472
ADVthere are notG3756
A-NPMwho are wiseG4680
A-NPMwho are powerful,G1415
A-NPMwho are high-bornG2104
CONJHe might put to shameG2617
CONJHe might put to shameG2617
CONJthe things thatG3588
V-PXP-APNcounted as nothing—G3361
PRT-Nin order thatG2443
CONJHe might bring to nothingG2673
V-AAS-3Sthe things thatG3588
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved