1. And, I, brethren, was not able to speak to you as to those who are spiritual, but as to those who are carnal—even as to babes in Christ.
2. I gave you milk to drink, and not meat; for you were not yet able to receive spiritual meat; and neither are you able now,
3. For you are still carnal. For since envy and contention and divisions are among you, are you not carnal? And are you not walking according to human ways?
4. When someone says, “I am of Paul,” and another one says, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?
5. Who then is Paul? And who is Apollos? They are but ministers through whom you believed, even as the Lord gave to each one.
6. I planted and Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
7. Therefore, neither is he who plants anything, nor he who waters; for it is God Who gives the increase.
8. Now he who plants and he who waters are one, but each shall receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9. For we are God’s fellow workers; and you are God’s husbandry, even God’s building.
10. As a wise architect, according to the grace of God that was given to me, I have laid the foundation, and another is building upon it. But let each one take heed how he builds upon it.
11. For no one is able to lay any other foundation besides that which has been laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12. Now if anyone builds upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay or stubble,
13. The work of each one shall be manifested; for the day of trial will declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall prove what kind of work each one’s is.
15. If the work of anyone is burned up, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet as through fire.
16. Don’t you understand that you are God’s temple, and that the Spirit of God is dwelling in you?
17. If anyone defiles the temple of God, God shall destroy him because the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.
18. Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks himself to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, so that he may be wise in God’s sight.
19. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God for it is written, “He entraps the wise in their own craftiness.”
20. And again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.”
21. Therefore, do not let anyone boast in men; for all things are yours,
22. Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come—all are yours;
23. And you are Christ’s, and Christ is God’s.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved