2. And He is the propitiation (see explanation) for our sins; and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
7. Brethren, I am not writing a new commandment to you but an old commandment, which you had from the beginning; the old commandment is the message that you have heard from the beginning.
8. Again, I am writing a new commandment to you, which is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true light is already shining.
9. Anyone who claims that he is in the light, but hates his brother, is in the darkness until now.
10. The one who loves his brother is dwelling in the light, and there is no cause of offense in him.
11. But the one who hates his brother is in darkness, and is walking in darkness, and does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes.
12. I am writing to you, little children, because your sins have been forgiven you through His name.
13. I am writing to you, fathers, because you have known Him Who is from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the wicked one. I am writing to you, little children, because you have known the Father.
14. I wrote to you, fathers, because you have known Him Who is from the beginning. I wrote to you, young men, because you are strong, and the Word of God is dwelling in you, and you have overcome the wicked one.
16. Because everything that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pretentious pride of physical life—is not from the Father, but is from the world.
17. And the world and its lust is passing away, but the one who does the will of God abides forever.
19. They went out from among us, but they were not of us because if they were of us, they would have remained with us; nevertheless, they left that they might be exposed to show that they all were not of us.
20. But you have the anointing from the Holy One, and you have knowledge of all things pertaining to salvation.
21. I did not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and you understand that not one lie comes from the truth.
22. Who is the liar if it is not the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is the antichrist—the one who denies the Father and the Son.
23. Anyone who denies the Son does not have the Father either.
24. Therefore, let what you have heard from the beginning dwell in you; if what you have heard from the beginning is dwelling in you, then you will be dwelling in the Son and in the Father.
25. And this is the promise that He has promised us: eternal life.
26. These things I have written to you concerning those who are leading you astray.
27. But you yourselves have dwelling in you the anointing that you received from Him; and you do not have need of anyone to indoctrinate you; for the same anointing instructs you in all spiritual things, and is true, and is not a lie; and if you do exactly as it has taught you, you will be dwelling in Him.
28. And now, little children, dwell in Him, so that when He is manifested we may have boldness, and not be put to shame before Him at His coming.
29. If you know that He is righteous, you also know that everyone who practices righteousness has been begotten by Him.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved