2. Beloved, now we are the children of God, and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be; but we know that when He is manifested, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him exactly as He is.
4. Everyone who practices sin is also practicing lawlessness, for sin is lawlessness. (see explanation)
5. And you know that He appeared in order that He might take away our sins; and in Him is no sin.
7. Little children, do not allow anyone to deceive you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.
8. The one who practices sin is of the devil because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God appeared that He might destroy the works of the devil.
10. By this standard are manifest the children of God and the children of the devil. Everyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, and neither is the one who does not love his brother.
11. For this is the message that you heard from the beginning—that we should love one another;
12. Not as Cain, who was of the wicked one, and murdered his own brother. And what was the reason that he murdered him? Because his own works were wicked, but his brother’s works were righteous.
13. My brethren, do not be amazed if the world hates you.
14. We know that we have passed from death into life because we love the brethren. The one who does not love his brother is dwelling in death.
17. But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his feelings of compassion from him, how can the love of God be dwelling in him?
19. And in this way we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him,
20. That if our hearts condemn us, God is greater than our hearts, and knows all things.
21. Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, then we have confidence toward God.
23. And this is His commandment: that we believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and that we love one another, exactly as He gave commandment to us.
24. And the one who keeps His commandments is dwelling in Him, and He in him; and by this we know that He is dwelling in us: by the Spirit which He has given to us.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved