2. By this test you can know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God.
3. And every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not from God. And this is the spirit of antichrist, which you heard was to come, and even now it is already in the world.
5. They are of the world; because of this, they speak of the world, and the world listens to them.
6. We are of God; the one who knows God listens to us; the one who is not of God does not listen to us. By this means we know the Spirit of the truth and the spirit of the deception.
10. In this act is the love—not that we loved God; rather, that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also are duty-bound to love one another.
13. By this standard we know that we are dwelling in Him, and He is dwelling in us: because of His own Spirit, which He has given to us.
14. And we have seen for ourselves and bear witness that the Father sent the Son as the Savior of the world.
15. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwells in him, and he in God.
17. By this spiritual indwelling, the love of God is perfected within us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment because even as He is, so also are we in this world.
20. If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar. For if he does not love his brother whom he has seen, how is he able to love God Whom he has not seen?
21. And this is the commandment that we have from Him: that the one who loves God should also love his brother.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved