3. For this is the love of God: that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.
4. Now then, everyone who is begotten by God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that overcomes the world—our faith.
5. Who is the one who overcomes the world? Even the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
7. And it is the Spirit that bears witness because the Spirit is the truth. (see explanation)
8. For there are three that bear witness on the earth: the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and these three witness unto the one truth.
9. If we accept the witness of men, the witness of God is superior. For this is the witness of God, which He has witnessed concerning His Son.
10. The one who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar because he has not believed in the witness that God has witnessed concerning His Son.
11. And this is the witness: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
12. The one who has the Son has eternal life; the one who does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life.
13. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God in order that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
14. And this is the confidence that we have toward Him: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
15. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we may ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of Him.
16. If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin that is not unto death, he shall ask, and He will give him life for those who do not sin unto death. There is a sin unto death; concerning that sin, I do not say that he should make any supplication to God.
18. We know that anyone who is begotten by God does not practice sin; for the one who has been begotten by God keeps himself by the power of God, and the wicked one does not touch him.
19. We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the wicked one.
20. And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us an understanding, so that we may know Him Who is true; and we are in Him Who is true, and in His Son, Jesus Christ. He is the true God, and the eternal life.
21. Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved