1. Now Ahab had seventy sons in Samaria. And Jehu wrote letters and sent to Samaria to the rulers of Jezreel, to the elders, and to the supporters of Ahab, saying,
2. “And now as soon as this letter comes to you, since your master’s sons are with you, and chariots and horses are with you, also a fortified city and armor,
3. Even look for the best and fittest of your master’s sons, and set him on his father’s throne, and fight for your master’s house.”
4. And they were exceedingly afraid and said, “Behold, two kings did not stand before him; how then shall we stand?”
5. And he who was over the house, and he who was over the city, the elders also, and the guardians, sent to Jehu saying, “We are your servants and we will do all that you shall say to us; we will not make any king. Do what is good in your eyes.”
6. And he wrote a letter the second time to them, saying, “If you are mine, and will hearken to my voice, take the heads of the men, your master’s sons, and come to me to Jezreel by this time tomorrow.” And the king’s sons, seventy persons, were with the great men of the city who brought them up.
7. And it came to pass when the letter came to them, they took the king’s sons and killed them, seventy persons, and put their heads in baskets and sent them to him in Jezreel.
8. Then a messenger came and told him, saying, “They have brought the heads of the king’s sons.” And he said, “Lay them in two heaps at the entering in of the gate until the morning.”
9. And it came to pass in the morning, he went out and stood, and said to all the people, “You are righteous. Behold, I plotted against my master and killed him. But who killed all these?
11. Then Jehu killed all that remained of the house of Ahab in Jezreel, and all his great men, and his familiar friends, and his priests, until he left him none remaining.
12. And he arose and departed, and came to Samaria. He was at the shepherds’ shearing house which is along the way,
13. And Jehu met with the brothers of Ahaziah king of Judah, and said, “Who are you?” And they answered, “The brothers of Ahaziah. And we are going down to greet the king’s sons and the queen’s sons.”
14. And he said, “Take them alive!” And they took them alive and killed them at the pit of the shearing house, forty-two men. And he left not a man of them.
15. And he departed from there and found Jehonadab the son of Rechab coming to meet him. And he greeted him and said to him, “Is your heart right, as my heart is with your heart?” And Jehonadab answered, “It is.” “If it is, give your hand.” And he gave his hand. And he took him up to him into the chariot.
16. And he said, “Come with me and see my zeal for the LORD.” And they made him ride in his chariot.
17. And he came to Samaria, and killed all that remained to Ahab in Samaria, until he had destroyed him, according to the saying of the LORD which he spoke to Elijah.
18. Then Jehu gathered all the people together, and said to them, ‘Ahab served Baal a little, but Jehu shall serve him much.
19. And now call to me all the prophets of Baal, all his servants and all his priests. Let no one be lacking, for I have a great sacrifice to Baal. Whoever shall be lacking, he shall not live.” But Jehu was acting with cunning to the end that he might destroy the worshipers of Baal.
20. And Jehu said, “Call a solemn feast for Baal.” And they called it.
21. And Jehu sent through all Israel. And all the worshipers of Baal came, so that there was not a man left who did not come. And they came into the house of Baal. And the house of Baal was full from one end to the other.
22. And he said to him who was over the robe room, “Bring out robes for all the worshipers of Baal.” And he brought them out for them.
23. And Jehu went, and Jehonadab the son of Rechab, into the house of Baal. And he said to the servants of Baal, “Search and look that there may not be here with you any of the servants of the LORD, but only the servants of Baal.”
24. And they went in to offer sacrifices and burnt offerings. And Jehu had appointed eighty men outside, and said, “If any of the men whom I have brought into your hands escapes, your life shall be for the life of him.”
25. And it came to pass when he had made an end of offering the burnt offering, Jehu said to the guard and to the commanders, “Go in. Kill them! Do not let any come out!” And they struck them with the edge of the sword. And the guard and the commanders threw them out. And they went into the city, into the house of Baal.
26. And they brought forth the images out of the house of Baal and burned them.
27. And they demolished the image of Baal, and demolished the house of Baal and made it a sewer house until this day.
28. And Jehu destroyed Baal out of Israel.
29. Only, Jehu did not depart from the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who made Israel to sin, going after the golden calves in Bethel and in Dan.
30. And the LORD said to him, “Jehu, because you have done well in doing what is right in My eyes, and have done to the house of Ahab according to all that was in My heart, your sons of the fourth generation shall sit on the throne of Israel.”
31. But Jehu did not care to walk in the law of the LORD God of Israel with all his heart, for he did not turn from the sins of Jeroboam, who made Israel to sin.
32. In those days the LORD began to cut off sections of Israel. And Hazael struck them in all the border of Israel,
33. From Jordan toward the rising of the sun, all the land of Gilead, the men of Gad and of Reuben and of Manasseh, from Aroer, by the river Arnon, even Gilead and Bashan.
34. And the rest of the acts of Jehu and all that he did, and all his might, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel?
35. And Jehu slept with his fathers. And they buried him in Samaria. And Jehoahaz his son reigned in his place.
36. And the days that Jehu reigned over Israel and Samaria were twenty-eight years.
HNpto the rulersH8269
HNpto the elders,H2205
HCHDas soon as thisH2088
HRHSp2mpsince your master'sH113
HCHRHSp2mpalso a fortifiedH4013
HCHVqq2mpfor the bestH2896
HCHTdHAamsaof your master'sH113
And they were exceedinglyH3966
HCHTithen shall weH587
And he whoH834
HTdHNcmsaand he whoH834
HCHTdHAampaalso, and the guardians,H539
HNcmpcHSp2msand we will doH6213
HTryou shall sayH559
HRHSp1cpwe will notH3808
HVqv2mswhat is goodH2896
HTdHAamsain your eyes."H5869
And he wroteH3789
HNcmsathe second timeH8145
HRHSp1csand will hearkenH8085
HVqrmpato my voice,H6963
HNcmpcof the men,H376
HNpHSdby this timeH6256
HNcmsaAnd the king'sH4428
HAcbpapersons, were withH854
HNcmsaof the cityH5892
And it came to passH1961
HCHVqw3mswhen the letterH5612
HNcmpcand killed them,H7819
Then a messengerH4397
HRHVqc"They have broughtH935
HNcmpcof the king'sH4428
HNcmpcAnd he said,H559
HNcmpaat the entering inH6607
HNcmscof the gateH8179
And it came to passH1961
HCHVqw3msin the morning,H1242
HRdHNcmsahe went outH3318
HNcmscHSp1csand killed him.H2026
HCthere shall fallH5307
HVqi3msto the earthH776
HTnof the wordH1697
HRHNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HNpfor the LORDH3068
HTdHVNrmpaof the houseH1004
HCHNcmschis great men,H1419
HAampcHSp3msand his familiar friends,H3045
HCHVPsmpcHSp3msand his priests,H3548
HTowith the brothersH251
HPp2mpAnd they answered,H559
HPp1cpare going downH3381
HNcmpcand the queen'sH1377
And he said,H559
HAampaAnd they took themH8610
HAampaand killed themH7819
HNcmscof the shearing house,H1044
HNcmsaAnd he leftH7604
And he departedH3212
HNpcomingto meet him.H7125
HRHVqcHSp3msAnd he greeted himH1288
HTm"If it is,H3426
HNcbscHSp2msAnd he gaveH5414
HNcbscHSp3msAnd he took him upH5927
And he said,H559
HRHNcfscHSp1csfor the LORD."H3068
HRHNpAnd they made himH853
HCHVhw3mpin his chariot.H7393
And he cameH935
HRhe had destroyed him,H8045
HVhp3msHSp3msaccording to the sayingH1697
HRHNcmscof the LORDH3068
HTdHNcmsatogether, and saidH559
HNpshall serve himH5647
HRHSp1cshave a greatH1419
HTrshall be lacking,H6485
HVNj3mshe shall notH3808
HCHNpwas acting with cunningH6122
HRHNcfsato the end thatH4616
HCHVqw3mpso that there was notH3808
HVqp3msAnd they cameH935
HCHVqw3mpinto the houseH1004
HTdHNpAnd the houseH1004
HCHVNw3msfrom one endH6310
HNcmsato the other.H6310
And he said to himH559
HTdHNpAnd he brought them outH3318
HNpinto the houseH1004
HTdHNpAnd he saidH559
HCHVqw3msto the servantsH5647
HRHSp2mpany of the servantsH5650
HRHNcmpcof the LORD,H3068
And they went inH935
HNcmpaand burnt offerings.H5930
HNcbscHSp3msshall be forH8478
HRthe life of him."H5315
And it came to passH1961
HCHVqw3mswhen he had made an endH3615
HRHVqcthe burnt offering,H5930
HCHVqw3msto the guardH7323
HRdHVqrmpaand to the commanders,H7991
HVqj3msAnd they struck themH5221
HCHVhw3mpHSp3mpwith the edgeH6310
HRHNcmscof the sword.H2719
HNcfsaAnd the guardH7323
HTdHVqrmpaand the commandersH7991
HCHTdHNcmpathrew them out.H7993
HCHVhw3mpAnd they wentH3212
HNcfscinto the houseH1004
And they demolishedH5422
HTdHNpand made itH7760
HCHVqw3mpHSp3msa sewer houseH4163
HVhp3msgoing after the goldenH2091
And the LORDH3068
HTryou have doneH6213
HVhp2msin doing what is rightH3477
HTdHAamsain My eyes,H5869
HRHNcbdcHSp1csand have doneH6213
HVqp2msto the houseH1004
HNpaccording to allH3605
HTrwasin My heart,H3824
HNcmpcof the fourthH7243
HRHVqcin the lawH8451
HRHNcfscof the LORDH3068
HNcmscHSp3msfor he did notH3808
HVhp3msto cut off sectionsH7096
HTdHNptoward the risingH4217
HNcmscof the sun,H8121
HTdHNpthe men of GadH1425
HTdHNgmsaand of ReubenH7206
HCHTdHNgmsaand of Manasseh,H4520
And the restH3499
HCHNcmscof the actsH1697
HNcmscof the chroniclesH1697
HTdHNcmpaof the kingsH4428
HNcmpcHSp3msAnd they buriedH6912
HCHVqw3msin his place.H8478
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved