1. Paul and Silvanus and Timothy, to the church of the Thessalonians, which is in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
2. Grace and peace be to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. We are duty-bound to thank God always for you, brethren, even as it is fitting, because your faith is increasing abundantly, and the love of each one of you is abounding toward one another;
4. So that we ourselves are boasting about you in the churches of God because of your endurance and faith in all your persecutions, and in the tribulations that you are bearing.
5. Your faith and endurance are a visible testimony of the righteous judgment of God, so that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering.
6. Since it is righteous with God to recompense tribulation to those who are persecuting you;
7. And to you, who are persecuted, rest with us, at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with His mighty angels,
8. Dealing out vengeance with flaming fire upon those who do not know God, and those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ;
9. Who will suffer the penalty of eternal destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His strength,
10. When He shall come to be glorified in His saints, and to be admired in that day in all those who believe (because our testimony was believed by you);
11. For which cause also we are praying continually for you, that our God may count you worthy of your calling, and may fulfill in you all the good pleasure of His goodness, and the work of faith with power;
12. So that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved