1. As for the rest, brethren, pray for us, that the Word of the Lord may spread rapidly and may be glorified, in the same way that it has been with you;
2. And that we may be delivered from perverse and wicked men, for all are not of the faith.
3. But the Lord is faithful, Who will establish you and keep you from the evil one.
4. Now concerning you, we trust in the Lord that you both practice and will be practicing the things that we command you.
5. And may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the endurance of Christ.
6. Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who is walking irresponsibly and not according to the ordinance that he received from us.
7. For you yourselves understand that you should do exactly as we have done because we have not behaved irresponsibly among you,
8. Nor did we eat food at someone else’s expense, but we were working day and night with labor and toil so that we would not be burdensome to anyone among you.
9. We were not obligated to work because we did not have authority to receive from you; rather, we chose to work in order that we might personally give you a pattern to imitate.
10. For indeed, when we were with you, this is what we commanded you: that if anyone is not willing to work, he should not be allowed to eat.
11. For we hear that some among you are walking irresponsibly, not working at all, but are behaving as busybodies.
12. As for such individuals, we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ that with quietness they work in order that they may eat their own food.
13. But you, brethren, do not lose heart in well doing.
15. But do not count him as an enemy; rather, admonish him as a brother.
16. Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all.
18. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.The second epistle to the Thessalonians, written from Athens (see explanation)
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved