4. The one who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is an object of worship; so that he comes into the temple of God and sits down as God, proclaiming that he himself is God.
5. Do you not remember that when I was still with you, I told you these things?
7. For the mystery of lawlessness is already working; only there is one Who is restraining at the present time until it arises out of the midst.
8. And then the lawless one will be revealed (whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth, and will destroy with the brightness of His coming);
9. Even the one whose coming is according to the inner working of Satan, with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10. And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in those who are perishing because they did not receive the love of the truth, so that they might be saved.
11. And for this cause, God will send upon them a powerful deception that will cause them to believe the lie,
12. So that all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but who took pleasure in unrighteousness.
13. Now we are duty-bound to give thanks to God always concerning you, brethren, who are beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning has called you unto salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth
14. Unto which He called you by our gospel to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
16. Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and God—even our Father, Who loved us and gave us eternal encouragement and good hope through grace—
17. Encourage your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved