1. The Lord GOD made me see this: And behold, a basket of summer fruit!
2. And He said, “Amos, what do you see?” And I said, “A basket of summer fruit.” Then the LORD said to me, “The end has come to My people Israel: I will not again pass by them any more.
3. And the songs of the temple shall be howlings in that day,” says the Lord GOD. “The dead bodies shall be many. In every place one shall throw them out with silence.”
4. Hear this, you who trample upon the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail,
5. Saying, “When will the new moon be gone so that we may sell grain? And the Sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small and the shekel great, and perverting the balances by deceit;
6. That we may buy the poor for silver and the needy for a pair of sandals; and sell the chaff of the wheat?”
7. The LORD has sworn by the Glory of Jacob, “Surely I will never forget any of their works.
8. Shall not the land tremble for this, and all who dwell in it mourn? And all of it shall rise up like a flood. And it shall overflow and sink like the Nile of Egypt.
9. And it shall be in that day,” says the Lord GOD, “I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the light of day.
10. And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into weeping; and I will bring up sackcloth on all loins, and baldness on every head. And I will make it like the mourning of an only son, and the end of it like a bitter day.
11. Behold, the days come,” says the Lord GOD, “that I will send a famine in the land; not a famine of bread nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
12. And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east; they shall run to and fro to seek the Word of the LORD, and shall not find it.
13. In that day the beautiful virgins and the young men shall faint for thirst.
14. Those who swear by the sin of Samaria and say, ‘As your God lives, O Dan,’ and, ‘As the way of Beersheba lives’—even they shall fall and never rise up again.”
And He said,H559
HVqrmsaAnd I said,H559
HNcmscof summer fruit."H7019
HNcmsaThen the LORDH3068
HNpI will notH3808
And the songsH7892
HNcbpcof the templeH1964
HNcmsashall be howlingsH3213
HNp"The dead bodiesH6297
HNcmsaone shall throw them outH7993
HTiwill the new moonH2320
HVqi3msso that we may sellH7666
HNcmsaAnd the Sabbath,H7676
HCHTdHNcbsathat we may set forthH6605
HNcmsamaking the ephahH374
HRHVhcand the shekelH8255
That we may buyH7069
HRdHNcmsaand the needyH34
HRHNcmsca pair of sandals;H5275
HCHNcmscof the wheat?"H1250
HCHVqq3msAnd all of itH3605
HNcmscHSp3fsshall rise upH5927
HCHVqq3fslike a flood.H2975
HRdHNpAnd it shall overflowH1644
HCHVNq3fslike the NileH2975
And it shall beH1961
HNp"I will cause the sunH8121
HTdHNcbsato go downH935
HRdHNcmpaand I will darkenH2821
HRdHNcbsain the lightH216
And I will turnH2015
HRHNcfsaand I will bring upH5927
HNcmsaAnd I will makeH7760
HCHVqq1csHSp3fsit like the mourningH60
HRHNcmsaof an only son,H3173
HAamsaand the endH319
HCHNcfscHSp3fsof it like a bitterH4751
HNp"that I will sendH7971
HNcmsain the land;H776
HNcmpcof the LORD.H3068
And they shall wanderH5128
HNcmsaand from the northH6828
HNcmsathey shall run to and froH7751
HNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HNpand shall notH3808
Those who swearH7650
HTdHVNrmpaby the sinH819
HCHVqq3cp'As your GodH430
HNpand, 'As the wayH1870
HCHAamsaeven they shall fallH5307
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved