2. And walk in love, even as Christ also loved us, and gave Himself for us as an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savor.
3. But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, do not permit it even to be named among you, as is fitting for saints;
4. Nor filthiness, nor foolish talking or jesting, which are not becoming; but instead, thanksgiving.
5. For this you know, that no fornicator, or unclean person, or covetous person, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6. Do not let anyone deceive you with vain words; for because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience.
7. Therefore, do not be joint partakers with them.
8. For you were once darkness; but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light,
9. (Because the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
10. Proving what is well pleasing to the Lord;
11. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them;
12. For it is shameful even to mention the things being done by them in secret.
13. But all of these things being exposed by the light are openly revealed.
14. Therefore He says, “You who are sleeping—wake up, and arise from the dead! And Christ shall shine upon you.”
15. So then, take heed that you walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as those who are wise,
16. Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
17. For this reason, do not be foolish, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
18. And do not be drunk with wine, in which is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit:
19. Speaking to each other in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and offering praise to the Lord with your hearts;
20. Giving thanks at all times for all things to God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
21. Submit yourselves to one another in the fear of God.
23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the Head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.
24. For even as the church is subject to Christ, in the same way also let wives be subject to their own husbands in everything.
26. So that He might sanctify it, having cleansed it with the washing of the water by the Word;
27. That He might present it to Himself as the glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it might be holy and without blame.
28. In the same way, husbands are dutybound to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself;
29. For no man has ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, even as the Lord does the church.
30. For we are members of His body—of His flesh and of His bones.
31. For this reason shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined to his wife; and the two shall be one flesh.
32. This is a great mystery; but I am speaking in respect to Christ and the church.
33. Nevertheless, let each one of you love his wife even as himself; and let each wife see that she reverence her husband.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved