2. With all humility and meekness, with long-suffering, forbearing one another in love;
3. Being diligent to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
5. One Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6. One God and Father of all, Who is over all, and through all, and in you all.
8. For this very reason, He says that after ascending on high, He led captivity captive, and gave gifts to men.
9. Now He Who ascended, what is it but that He also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10. He Who descended is the same One Who also ascended above all the heavens so that He might fulfill all things.
13. Until we all come into the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;
15. But holding the truth in love, may in all things grow up into Him Who is the Head, even Christ
16. From Whom all the body, fitly framed and compacted together by that which every joint supplies, according to its inner working in the measure of each individual part, is making the increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
17. So then, I declare and testify this in the Lord that you are no longer to walk even as the rest of the Gentiles are walking, in the vanity of their minds,
18. Having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardness of their hearts.
19. They have cast off all feelings, and have given themselves up to licentiousness, to work every uncleanness with insatiable desire.
20. But you have not so learned Christ;
24. And that you put on the new man, which according to God is created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.
25. Therefore, let each one put away lies and speak the truth with his neighbor because we are members of one another.
26. When you become angry, do not sin. Do not let the sun go down on your anger;
27. Neither give place to the devil.
28. Let the one who stole, steal no more; rather, let him labor with his hands, working at what is good, so that he may impart something to the one who has need.
29. Do not let any corrupt communication come out of your mouth, but that which is good and needful for edification that it may give grace to those who hear.
30. And do not vex (see explanation) the Holy Spirit of God by which you have been sealed for the day of redemption.
31. Let all bitterness, and indignation, and wrath, and clamor, and evil speaking be removed from you, together with all malice;
32. And be kind and tenderhearted toward one another, forgiving one another, even as God has also in Christ forgiven you.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved