2. Honor your father and your mother, which is the first commandment with a promise,
3. That it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth.
4. And fathers, do not provoke your children; but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
5. Servants, obey your masters according to the flesh with reverence and trembling, in singleness of heart, as unto Christ;
6. Not merely with eye service, as do pleasers of men; but as servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart.
7. Do service with goodwill, as to the Lord, and not to men;
8. Knowing that whatever good each one has done, this shall he receive from the Lord, whether bond or free.
9. And masters, do the same things toward them, forbearing threatening; knowing also that your own Master is in heaven, and there is no respect of persons with Him.
10. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the might of His strength.
11. Put on the whole armor of God so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil
12. Because we are not wrestling against flesh and blood, but against principalities and against powers, against the world rulers of the darkness of this age, against the spiritual power of wickedness in high places.
13. Therefore, take up the whole armor of God so that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having worked out all things, to stand.
14. Stand therefore, having your loins girded about with truth, and wearing the breastplate of righteousness,
15. And having your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.
16. Besides all these, take up the shield of the faith, with which you will have the power to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one;
17. And put on the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God;
18. Praying at all times with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and in this very thing being watchful with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints;
20. For which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may speak with boldness, as it behooves me to speak.
21. Now that you may also know the things concerning me and what I am doing, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful servant in the Lord, will make everything known to you.
22. I have sent him to you for this very thing, so that you might know the things concerning us, and that he might encourage your hearts.
23. Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
24. Grace be with all those whose love for our Lord Jesus Christ is uncorrupted. Amen.
To the Ephesians, written from Rome,
delivered by Tychicus
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved